Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Is anyone else still locked out of Facebook?

Sorry to drop this in here, but I can't ask anywhere else, well, because . . .

On Facebook, I use the 2-factor authentication where they're supposed to send a code to my phone, to log onto my account. I did that after someone tried to hack my account a while back.

Monday morning, right before the big shutdown, I was trying to log on, and never got a 6-digit code. Shortly after that, FB, went down completely, for most of the day, so everybody got locked out. The thing is, I still can't get a code sent to my phone, so I can't log on.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Does anyone else here use FB, and use the 2-factor authentication?

A lot of the Musicians I know, myself included, have most of our contacts on FB, and use it to share Music and upcoming shows, so this is a real issue. It's also just one more screw-up in a not great week, so I'm not happy with this . . .

Thanks for looking in, any responses would be appreciated.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a long period when it was apparently 'down' for a number of hours or so- maybe roughly a day?- a couple days ago, but I've been able to get on there again (and just did a moment ago, to double check).

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Thanks, brothers, but I still can't log on.

The system isn't sending me a 6-digit code to log on, and when I try to prompt it to send me a code, I get this - "We limit the number of times you can request security codes in a given amount of time. We have this limit to protect your security. For help accessing your account, learn more, or try again later."

Once I do manage to get back on, I think it's time to delete my account altogether.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

Thanks, brothers, but I still can't log on.

The system isn't sending me a 6-digit code to log on, and when I try to prompt it to send me a code, I get this - "We limit the number of times you can request security codes in a given amount of time. We have this limit to protect your security. For help accessing your account, learn more, or try again later."

Once I do manage to get back on, I think it's time to delete my account altogether.

I can understand that! I've certainly had my unfair share of internet/email/phone related frustrations this year... !

If you do- you will be missed, I'm sure; and I'll be certain to make sure that I can still stay in touch by multiple avenues.

This board is also spotty for me as well, ever since they moved the service several years back. A lot of times I can't get on here for hours at a time, while the rest of the internet works fairly well during those Music Player Forums outage times.

Of course Facebook was out for days, with little breaks in the outage times here and there.

+1 DBM, This site gets a little spotty (very slow responding especially in the morning) when the rest of the internet work fine. Somewhere around 10 to 11am this site seems to come alive. I have never been on Facebook so I don't care if it's up or down. I like coming here once or twice a day, to visit old friends and learn new things. :cool:
Take care, Larryz

@Larryz - Well understood, brother. There's much to dislike about it.

It's a deal with the devil, at best. For players like me, it's free promotion, and easy access to such fanbase as one has. I've managed to avoid much of the worst of it by limiting my "friends" to old friends from real life, and fellow Musicians.

At any rate, after going through many hoops and changing settings here, there and everywhere, I managed to get back on. We'll see how long that lasts.

FWIW, one of our former Forum brothers has made a career of getting himself banned from FB, and coming back under different aliases. I'm not into that level of brinksmanship, thanks, but it's entertaining to watch someone else play.

FWIW, one of our former Forum brothers has made a career of getting himself banned from FB, and coming back under different aliases. I'm not into that level of brinksmanship, thanks, but it's entertaining to watch someone else play.

I've managed to wind up "in Facebook jail" a few times- sometimes, due to my own actions, and sometimes, due to brainless 'bot misinterpretations reading as "not up to our community standards" somehow- usually regarding my being very erroneously mistaken for 'spamming', simply by posting links to requested, topical information! Sometimes, though, due to my not mincing words or candy-coating matters by any stretch.

However, that has always been a temporary matter- I've never been "banned", nor anything necessitating re-registering under a different name or identity! :crazy:

No Facebook, no Instagram. Nothing that has any connection to the f*****g ass that is trying to buy Hawaii.

Wow. Thank you for bringing that to my attention!

@Larryz - Well understood, brother. There's much to dislike about it.

It's a deal with the devil, at best. For players like me, it's free promotion, and easy access to such fanbase as one has. I've managed to avoid much of the worst of it by limiting my "friends" to old friends from real life, and fellow Musicians.

At any rate, after going through many hoops and changing settings here, there and everywhere, I managed to get back on. We'll see how long that lasts.

WP, I remember back in the day gigging musicians would get your mailing address, create mailing lists and mail out post cards with their gig line up and even send personal mail. Then along came email, and the snail mail got 86'ed and email addresses were used to create fan lists to put out the word of where you would be playing each week. Then along came Facebook and even band/musician websites...Anyway, If I was still gigging I could see some use for having fans/friends on Facebook follow you for gig dates. Many of the bars now want to know how big your contact list of followers is before they will hire. It has some good uses I guess, but I dropped out of the promotional gigging concept just in time and thus never signed on...

I didn't know you could get banned and get back in. I'm guessing you delete your profile and start a new fake one? I won't ask who the former forumite is that does this sort of thing for kicks. Must be an expert troll LoL! :thu:

Take care, Larryz

No Facebook, no Instagram. Nothing that has any connection to the f*****g ass that is trying to buy Hawaii.

Wow. Thank you for bringing that to my attention!

He isn't alone, a lot of billionaires are buying up land in Hawaii.

Sorry to hear about this SG! Hope the locals can make life miserable for him/them! :like:

Take care, Larryz