Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2021-2022 Thread

I caught part of the Packers/Saints game. The Packers looked miserable. Probably too many distractions during the off-season, and not enough practice. I did not see Jordan Love play.

The Bears have some issues, and now have more injuries with their o-line. This is going to plague them all season. Montgomery looked great. Dalton was decent but was off on a few throws, including an interception and a couple of near-interceptions. It was good to see Fields play a few snaps.

I caught part of the Packers/Saints game. The Packers looked miserable. Probably too many distractions during the off-season, and not enough practice. I did not see Jordan Love play.

The offseason distractions of Rodgers's situation certainly loomed over the organization. My guess is that the heat (a humid, 100 °F) was a contributing factor as well; and of course, the Packers starters not playing at all in preseason games contributed to the rust. The Saints should at least have been used to southern summer heat; and Jameis Winston played in preseason games to help decide whether he or Taysom Hill would start, so no rust there.

Green Bay has more regular season games than any other team this year against opponents that made last year's playoffs. Whatever their reason was for getting beat down, they had better find their way back to form quickly.

The Bears have some issues, and now have more injuries with their o-line. This is going to plague them all season. Montgomery looked great. Dalton was decent but was off on a few throws, including an interception and a couple of near-interceptions. It was good to see Fields play a few snaps.

I watched much of the Bears/Rams game. (The Rams are, after all, my second favorite team.) Considering that some pundits favor LA to go to the Super Bowl this year, I thought the Bears looked pretty good against a tough opponent. If not for the failure of their secondary on two big plays, the final score would have been close. Chicago might even have won. I agree that the offensive line injuries are a concern though.

At least the Bears and Packers are tied for first, despite a 0-1 record. How often does that happen? ;)

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

The offseason distractions of Rodgers's situation certainly loomed over the organization. My guess is that the heat (a humid, 100 °F) was a contributing factor as well; and of course, the Packers starters not playing at all in preseason games contributed to the rust. The Saints should at least have been used to southern summer heat; and Jameis Winston played in preseason games to help decide whether he or Taysom Hill would start, so no rust there.

Green Bay has more regular season games than any other team this year against opponents that made last year's playoffs. Whatever their reason was for getting beat down, they had better find their way back to form quickly.

I watched much of the Bears/Rams game. (The Rams are, after all, my second favorite team.) Considering that some pundits favor LA to go to the Super Bowl this year, I thought the Bears looked pretty good against a tough opponent. If not for the failure of their secondary on two big plays, the final score would have been close. Chicago might even have won. I agree that the offensive line injuries are a concern though.

At least the Bears and Packers are tied for first, despite a 0-1 record. How often does that happen? ;)

Best,

Geoff

The Bears' secondary was shredded.

I forgot to mention the heat, which the announcers said seemed to be affecting the Packers. But yeah, the Packers didn't get that many reps in, I don't think. The Bears have some definite flaws but some upside (speed, Montgomery, Fields). But that o-line is going to problematic. They're in a quasi-rebuilding season, so it'll be interesting to see what happens this year.

The Packers off season distractions contributed to their performance? The Jacksonville weather was tough on only one team, the Packers? I guess the Saints being forced to pack up and move their facilities to another state due to a hurricane and play their home games on the road was just another distraction the Packers could not overcome.

I apologize, Rally. I give the Saints full credit for the win. They overcame undue hardship and pummeled the Packers. I should have included that in my comments above. The people in New Orleans and the surrounding areas have my compassion for the lives lost and the trials the survivors are facing. Like many others, I have friends and family who sustained great damage and lost homes from Katrina, and I understand that similar tragedies happened during Ida.

Just to clarify my earlier comments, I don"t expect the Saints to be immune to the heat, I only expect it to give them an advantage, just as the cold of Lambeau Field in winter gives the Packers an advantage, even though they"re not immune to it. Speaking as someone who"s lived in both Arizona and Wisconsin, my experience is that I was better able to endure the extreme weather in those climates after a year or so of adjustment. Nonetheless, I recognize that the Saints didn"t have the home field advantage in any other respect, as they were once again forced to evacuate from New Orleans.

My hat"s off to the Saints for their dominant victory yesterday, especially considering the hardships they're facing. They have my full respect.

Best,

Geoff

My condolences Geoff. I've been something of the old NFL fan for decades, and always like to see the original NFL teams play well. Football is a game of momentum. Its a lot easier to take chances when you have the lead, throw the ball down the field and try to score when the opponent is not having a good day.

I don't know how much Roger's dismay of the Front Office decisions affect his game, but the results show they are not playing well as a team. Too bad, Rogers is one of the best to ever play the game. He is not happy with their losses, it shows on his face. The biggest reason Brady left NE was because Hoody did not surround him with better receivers. He also cut the pay of players Brady needed, like Edelman. Hoody told him he would have to take a 50 percent pay cut if he wanted to stay in NE. So he played his last two years in Detroit.My guess is that Rogers is smart enough to know that he doesn't have a voice in the front office. That's not a recipe for success.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

My condolences Geoff. I've been something of the old NFL fan for decades, and always like to see the original NFL teams play well. Football is a game of momentum. Its a lot easier to take chances when you have the lead, throw the ball down the field and try to score when the opponent is not having a good day.

I don't know how much Roger's dismay of the Front Office decisions affect his game, but the results show they are not playing well as a team. Too bad, Rogers is one of the best to ever play the game. He is not happy with their losses, it shows on his face. The biggest reason Brady left NE was because Hoody did not surround him with better receivers. He also cut the pay of players Brady needed, like Edelman. Hoody told him he would have to take a 50 percent pay cut if he wanted to stay in NE. So he played his last two years in Detroit.My guess is that Rogers is smart enough to know that he doesn't have a voice in the front office. That's not a recipe for success.

Mike T.

Thanks, Mike. We both have our appreciation of the old NFL teams in common. I guess that makes sense, if you're a Packers or Steelers fan. ;)

And congratulations on the Steelers' victory yesterday. They beat a tough, emerging Bills team. Good for them!

Best,

Geoff

The Packers off season distractions contributed to their performance? The Jacksonville weather was tough on only one team, the Packers? I guess the Saints being forced to pack up and move their facilities to another state due to a hurricane and play their home games on the road was just another distraction the Packers could not overcome.

The Saints beat the crap out of them and likely may have won regardless. But I think Geoff was just mentioning some of the factors in why the Packers looked so out of sorts.

Unbelievable game tonight. WFT pulled off a crazy win. I really thought we had lost early in the 3rd quarter. They gave up big plays and a turnover but they hung in there. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I guess it still feels too much like summer here. I keep forgetting that there are football games on. :D

How about this for nostalgia? The Broncos and Raiders sit alone atop the AFC West.

In fact, they are the only undefeated teams in the entire conference!

Of course, I expect other teams to have their time in the sun before the season"s over; but for now, it"s so nice⦠:cool:

Best,

Geoff

Fields will throw for five touchdowns, and the Browns crowd, moved to tears at this amazing display of prowess, will begin chanting his name, 100,000 strong.

Well, okay, one can dream, right? :D

How about this for nostalgia? The Broncos and Raiders sit alone atop the AFC West.

Of course, I expect other teams to have their time in the sun before the season"s over; but for now, it"s so nice⦠:cool:

I'm kind of enjoying it as well. :w00t:

Of course, after beating Baltimore and Pittsburgh, the Raiders should shellac the Tua-less Miami this weekend...so they'll probably find a way to screw that up. :idk::facepalm:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Fields will throw for five touchdowns, and the Browns crowd, moved to tears at this amazing display of prowess, will begin chanting his name, 100,000 strong.

Nagy is an idiot. Bears won"t have a chance because what has to be done doesn"t fit his 'system'

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

And that's still the case after three weeks! :cool::thu:

The Chiefs, on the other hand, have lost two straight. What's going on with them?

Best,

Geoff

Whew! That was a close call!

The 49ers only led for 37 seconds during the entire contest; but those were the most important 37 seconds of the game... that is, until Mason Crosby's field goal went through the bars while time elapsed.

http://www.geoffgrace.com/Pictures/Packers1.jpeg

GO PACKERS!!! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

Unbelievable games today. QB Lamar Jackson converts a 4th & 19 yard pass and K Justin Tucker breaks an NFL record with a 66 yard FG. Then, QB Aaron Rodgers leads a 37 second drive and K Mason Crosby sealing the deal with a game winning FG. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Nagy is an idiot. Bears won"t have a chance because what has to be done doesn"t fit his 'system'

I felt bad for the defense. They played well, but got ground down by being on the field all the time.

The play calling is unimaginative, inflexible, and pedantic. Absolutely horrible. I've been quite patient with Nagy, giving him the benefit of the doubt, but this was embarrassing. There was no adjustments. No utilizing tight ends to help with the rush, no screen passes, no roll-outs. He needs to hand the play calling to Lazor. I've really had enough of this. We always wondered how much of it was Trubisky and how much of it was Nagy. It seems to be more and more obvious.

The o-line was awful, particularly Peters.

Fields was slow to go through his reads and missed a couple of open receivers. However, given the above, I'm not sure what he or anyone else could have done.

How about those Rams? Great performance against the defending champs! :cool:

Best,

Geoff

They looked good, confident, and in stride. There's no way you can have a serious conversation about Super Bowl contenders without including the Rams.

And that's still the case after three weeks! :cool::thu:

The Chiefs, on the other hand, have lost two straight. What's going on with them?

Best,

Geoff

I don't know. I think both losses were close games, right? Still, I really don't know. I do want to give credit to the Chargers, who looked good.

It's early yet. There are plenty of great quarterbacks who got off to a slow start; but yeah, no one is going to call Nagy a great coach.

No one in Chicago would do that. Most of us Bears fans want him gone or to have Lazor assume the play-calling duties. I fall into the latter category.

How about those Rams? Great performance against the defending champs! :cool:

Best,

Geoff

They looked good, confident, and in stride. There's no way you can have a serious conversation about Super Bowl contenders without including the Rams.

The RAMS had swarming Defense, They out plated TB. They put Brady down a few times too. It was the GAME of the week.

Congrats Geoff!

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.