Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lovers of FM - Plogue Chipsynth OPS7

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don"t need them but can add that Plogue has the best support and a forum full of helpful creative people.

I"ve used Bidule as a host for 15 years. Anytime I need a special layout like MIDI Prgm Chng messages sent to call up a VSTi GUI, 3 or 4 members make one.

Run into any problems and you send a log file, a fix or explanation/diagnosis comes within hours.

Plogue is top shelf outfit, can"t go wrong with anything they make.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

So if you take your very non-DX keyboard of you plugin host you can get some of the look of Dexed (same plugin software platform ?), rip some 35 y/o patches from somewhere and get a nerdy imitation of the DAC errors of an original DXy sound through you plughost (proper timing, sample accurate ?). No thank you.

T

I guess we should also not have analog synthesizers with all their audio problems either, right? After all who wants to deal with pitch drift, retuning, etc.? The sound of the original DX-7, with it"s DAC errors made a lot of musicians happy and made them money. Recently a company came out with a software recreation of the Ensoniq SQ-80. Who wants that grungy 8 bit sound that is obviously lower quality than current instruments? I do. I had the original DX-7. It has its own character and charm.

I've owned a DX-7, TX-7, TX-7II & TX802. The original MK 1 DX-7's just sounded a little grungier than the newer models which is a good thing. FM needs a bit of grunge. FM8 is ok but very clean sounding and lacking a bit of girth the originals have. Dexed sounds a little closer to the real deal than FM8. Grunge is good. Grunge adds character.