Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Studiologic Numa X Piano

Definitely interested if the action proves less sluggish than the SL series and the sounds continue to improve. Being able to modify the EP is a big plus. I like the interface with incoming analog, old-school MIDI, three-pedal unit, and what appears to be integration with Camelot Pro. Love the concept of lighted control points in a minimalistic industrial design â no doubt the overall build will be superb. Shipping could be a problem though, remembering how long it took to get the Compacts to market.

Here for the gear.

But how good a controller will this be? Has anyone seen any presets or performances so that you can create a set list with edited sounds and keyboard splits?

Have a look to KeyStage and Camelot

If you have an iPad and use Keystage or Camelot you can create as many splits/layers as you desire, way beyond the original master keyboard's capabilities , if need it

Wow I didn't know that Keystage existed...I bought a few add-ons for Midiflow but I don't think that is quite the same beast. It does routing but I'm not sure if it does splits and layers and also not sure it has anything to do with Aum (also not sure I need that....)

Hmmmm. Now I am trying to decide if I want the 73 or 88 keyboards⦠only 5 more lbs and $200 for the 88. The 88 will give me the full piano keyboard, and allow for more splits. I was considering buying a home DP, but I could certainly do that and gig with this oneâ¦. And who needs a mixer when this keyboard will do that as well. I could always return it to Sweetwater if I hate the action. What do you think?

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Hmmmm. Now I am trying to decide if I want the 73 or 88 keyboards⦠only 5 more lbs more

not to be a smart ass but when you were looking to switch speakers 2 pounds was a big deal but 5 pounds for the difference between the 73 and 88 key keyboard isnt?

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

So, can somebody confirm that the only differences between the two versions (Numa X Piano 88 and Numa X Piano GT) are:

1. The keyboard action (TP110 versus TP40 Wood)

2. Escapement in the GT

3. The wood side panels on the GT

4. Resulting weight (14 versus 22 kg)?

The sounds and brains are identical?

It's further out than we thought. Got this from Sweetwater...

"Good morning David, those are a long ways out. First of year or later.

Did you want to talk other options or are you good with waiting? Of course I don"t charge you until it ships, so no worries there."

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Did you want to talk other options or are you good with waiting? Of course I don"t charge you until it ships, so no worries there."

Global supply chain problems are no joke

I was wondering that also. I kind of assumed metal, since it has the wood end pieces (have there been any keyboards with wood ends that are plastic otherwise?)

Really, really looking forward to hearing any reviews on the tp110 action. I doubt any place around here will get them. I selfishly hope it's light and fast, maybe something like the Kawai es110 which also manages to be pretty light.

They're not available in Europe even yet. They're going to be available in October here, hoping they will be available in physical stores soon after. I'm mainly targeting the 73 key version...

Yamaha MODX7 | iPad Mini 2 | Raspberry Pi 3

Has there been any mention on what the casing is made from?

I think the casing will be identical to the SL88/SL73, which are metal and built like tanks. The size is also mostly the same, and the sides of the non GT versions also look identical to those mounted on the SL controllers.

Yamaha MODX7 | iPad Mini 2 | Raspberry Pi 3

Has there been any mention on what the casing is made from?

I think the casing will be identical to the SL88/SL73, which are metal and built like tanks. The size is also mostly the same, and the sides of the non GT versions also look identical to those mounted on the SL controllers.

That would be great news!

Extremely interested in hearing and playing this board. I've been looking to upgrade my RD300-gx and have been considering getting either the Yamaha CP88 and Roland RD88 to go with my Yamaha YC61. However, this looks like it could be a real contender!

It will be very interesting to hear and feel how these three options compare!

The way I look at it I saved $150 on a mixer.

I see it as I spent a bunch of money on a Key Largo that I may not need :) j/k, I was going to get a stereo radial DI anyway, and got the KL at a bit of a discount and could probably sell it if I wanted to easily.

I could actually submix on my modx but for some reason I prefer using a submixer. no good reason other maybe that it's a bit easier to tell when I'm having headroom problem. I don't EQ or add fx with my mixer. I should do an audio test to see if the quality is any different between mixer and modx internal mixer....

This looks like an interesting, quality piece. Groovy colors. I tend to like modeled pianos, and the APs and EPs sound pretty good. I'd like to hear sounds from the other categories. The ability to download sounds via the Numa Manager is very cool.

A few random questions below; I apologize if I missed any of this information in the videos.

The web site says "16 Favorites groups with 24 Programs for each one." I wonder how that works and how easy patch selection is (e.g., how many buttons do you have to push to get to where you want to go)?

Can a program hold a "Combi" (Korg-speak) containing splits and layers?

I wonder if programs can be organized in a sort of "Setlist" mode (Korg-speak again, sorry!) either on the keyboard or via the Numa Manager?

Is there seamless transition when changing patches?

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

[i wonder if programs can be organized in a sort of "Setlist" mode (Korg-speak again, sorry!) either on the keyboard or via the Numa Manager?

Is there seamless transition when changing patches?]

I can answer these twoâ¦

It looks like the answer is no⦠but a third party set list program running on an iPad should do the trick.

From watching several videos, I have seen the player hold a note or chord and switch sounds. The old sound still plays and the new sound plays with the next note playedâ¦

It would be interesting to see the guts of this new piano in something like their existing 2 or 2x. For those like me that aren't married to a weighted action, where shlep factor reigns supreme, it could be a very powerful & portable combo. I see the 73 is about 26 lbs (12 kg), not terrible, but my current main keyboard is 10 lbs - I wouldn't be looking to almost triple that figure.

It would be interesting to see the guts of this new piano in something like their existing 2 or 2x. For those like me that aren't married to a weighted action, where shlep factor reigns supreme, it could be a very powerful & portable combo.

Interesting idea. To further differentiate it from their "entry" Numa Compact models, they could use the TP/8P action instead of the TP/9P that's in the Compacts.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)