Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
5x KCFFL Champ
20k Club
OP Offline
5x KCFFL Champ
20k Club
Many of us have our favorite forums bookmarked, so it's easy to forget that there are lots of awesome forums here at MPN.

Craig Anderton's Sound, Stage and Studio (also known as SSS), however, is way more than just another MPN forum. It's why we're here in the first place. cool

Music Player Network owes it's existence to SSS, which began as a forum started by Craig Anderton on the old America Online platform. When AOL decided it didn't want forums there any more, Craig went to the folks who owned many of the biggest music instrument/pro audio magazines at the time (Guitar Player, Bass Player, EQ, Keyboard mag, etc) and convinced them to help him found MPN.

In the early days of MPN, no forum was a popular as SSS. It's description says it all: "Open Mic". Something on your mind? It's on topic in SSS. Craig likes to describe it as being akin to a bar - all sorts of different kinds of folks, crowd size and types vary depending on the day, date and what's on the menu at the time.

There are few people in this industry who have been involved with anywhere near the cool products and innovative companies as broiher Craig. Even better, SSS is way important to him, and he doesn't just visit it occasionally - he's here a whole bunch. 2thu
We're way lucky to have Craig and SSS here at MPN. Please do stop by and raise a virtual glass... cheers

dB

5 members like this: EscapeRocks, Doerfler, Joe Muscara, Caevan O'Shite, ChrisDespo
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
Why thanks, Dave! I also think SSS can be, uh, useful as well as decorative. The "vertical" forums for keyboards, guitars, etc. are wonderful, but SSS is a great place for topics of general interest for all musicians - trends, techniques, creativity, and so on. I also see it as a place where guitar players can learn from the opinions of keyboard players, who can learn cool things to do with their left hand from the bass players, while the drummers keep us in line and everyone figures out the best way to produce our art, enhance our creativity, and survive as musicians in this crazee world.

A lot of times I visit the Keyboard Corner and think "damn, that would be such a great topic for SSS" but of course, I don't want to cross-post and be rude smile

In my ideal world, people would stop by their vertical forums of choice to hone their skills and hang with their peeps, and then go to SSS to, well, head to the bar and talk about all things music with their pals, and meet new friends.

So yes, do stop by! Just make a left at the cabanas...the SSS open bar is a few feet past the pool, to the right of the hot tub. My only request is that if you go to the pool afterward, please put your towels in the hampers. Also, pets are allowed, but...no bears. We learned our lesson about that the hard way.

3 members like this: Dave Bryce, Joe Muscara, Caevan O'Shite
5x KCFFL Champ
20k Club
OP Offline
5x KCFFL Champ
20k Club
You HAD to bring up the bear thing... freak facepalm rolleyes

dB

Moderated by  Jim Quinn 

Link Copied to Clipboard