Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

And now J3PO wants me to buy a Prophet 10

kelp

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

I second that. It inspired me...to keep practicing!

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

J3PO is like a second cousin of GLASYS, who also astounds your socks off. Very well done.

No one would have to convince any of us that a Prophet-10 is a power synth, but its also true that Papa Bach uniquely translates through any instrument. He simply can't sound bad unless you clam the notes. :eek:

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

I bought a patch set from him for my OB-6 and it's awesome. Got some really usable stuff in it.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

How does Papa Bach sound on an accordion?

That depends on the piece and the accordion. "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" would be fairly easy to manage. Some of the faster works would require an alien overhand technique, I reckon. Its a polite angle on 'picking your battles.' Same reason you don't try to play "Flight of the Bumblebee" on a Mellotron. Owning two, you can understand that far better than those of us who wuss out with mere software versions.

~ "King of the Hill"

I can't stand a part of the sound, although it is bearable and a bit interesting as a whole Of course an analog synth cannot be simply judged by a YT recording, but after, I don't know, over 40 years of technological and scientific progress this is where it all comes down to ?

Very moderate and nerdy, nothing exciting comparing with Switched on Bach or the appearance of various polyphonic electronic instruments.

Of course it's fine music, worthy of some recommendation, but that sound is a bit harsh and nothing much exquisite as such an instrument might suggest to people.

T

The only way to be completely satisfied with the SOUND is to play JS Bach on a church Pipe Organ. There is no substitute for a REAL pipe organ. I did play a great Pipe Organ ONCE when my teacher took me to give it a try, WOW. That said, I was not qualified or worthy of touching that instrument and went back to my basement music room where no one else could hear me making mistakes. :cry:

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Very well rendered, with excellent tone. Every kid should get a chance to play a pipe organ as soon as their feet will reach the pedals. It was a pleasure to have the brief experience, but taking it up seriously is a lifestyle choice. Organteq is a major handful and Hauptwerk is far larger than that, with numerous organs you can plug into the framework. You'll have to possess isolated and/or well-insulated studio space if you're going to amplify them realistically. The pedals will drive animals and insects away in droves.

Better to buy two or three Prophets and get to work back here on Earth.

~ "King of the Hill"