Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Count Me In" Netflix movie - for lovers of drums!

Drums. There's this documentary on Netflix that's that is this sort of celebration of rock and jazz drummers. I don't usually describe documentaries as "joyous" or "happy", but this is in a totally non-schmaltzy sort of way. Thoroughly enjoyable. Women drummers figure prominently in this as well. Well worth a watch.

"But, Count Me In is a pacy and cheerful series of chats and concert footage, featuring Watts â of course â as well as Ringo, Stewart Copeland from The Police, Iron Maiden's Nicko McBrain â who is a stone-cold delight, as ever â Topper Headon and Rat Scabies, from The Clash and The Damned, Cindy Blackman from Santana, Emily Dolan Davies from The Darkness and Bryan Ferry's band, Ian Paice from Deep Purple..the list isn't exhaustive, but it is well representative, with some particular attention paid to the women who have smashed rock's glass ceiling and made the drum stool their throne."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/stuff-to-watch/300392125/count-me-in-netflix-doco-offers-a-breezy-portrait-of-some-of-the-drumming-greats

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched it last night. Enjoyable, but a little narrow.

Two scenes near the film's start captured a drummer's reality:

1 - Pots and pans used by those who didn't have a drumset yet.

2 - The emotional elation of getting that first drumset.

I smiled broadly during those scenes.

Steve Coscia

It's more of a love letter to rock drumming. By their own admission, it's not supposed to be a comprehensive look at drums. That would be impossible.