Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Shipped!

Given the state of things in the world today, I am relieved that my Casio CT-S400 order is showing as 'shipped' - from Indianapolis. Not sure if this is direct pickup at Sam Ash store or the local Amazon fulfillment hub. FedEx details will hopefully update shortly...

Glenn

Casiotone CT-S1 Red

Ohana TK-14E Tenor Ukulele

Retired I.T. nerd - Expat - vegan - genealogist -- hobbyist musician

Formerly https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/users/72474/donblanco

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes shipped isn't shipped. They create a label so you cant change your mind and cancel the order. But it still may be a couple of days before any tracking info can be seen.

I hate how shippers play that game of create the label in other words, get on their computer to met the sellers requirement of "shipped" within three days. Then they take their time to actually take the package to the shipping company. That's part of why I like Sweetwater when they say they will ship they do.

I do see this on the FedEx web site:

10:25 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

So FedEx will send this to a driver to pick it up. I'll quit worrying when it's on one of their trucks...

Glenn

Casiotone CT-S1 Red

I bought a non-music item from a retailer across the country. Got an alert 10 days ago that it had shipped via FedEx. Initially, the indication was that it would be delivered Friday. It wasn't delivered and now the tracking info just says "no delivery date" and "pending."

No idea what conclusions to draw from this.

Forgot to mention - called Sam Ash customer service yesterday. They said they saw it as in stock in their warehouse, scheduled to ship today. So, cautiously optimistic...

Glenn

Casiotone CT-S1 Red

I bought a non-music item from a retailer across the country. Got an alert 10 days ago that it had shipped via FedEx. Initially, the indication was that it would be delivered Friday. It wasn't delivered and now the tracking info just says "no delivery date" and "pending."

No idea what conclusions to draw from this.

I've had this happen a few times now during pandemic-stressed times. On more than one item now, they eventually called it "lost" and refunded me.

Having worked for Big Brown many years ago during college, this is by no means a surprise, knowing a little about how the package delivery system works.

S400 has S300 features but S1 sounds, ya?

S1 supposedly has some custom, unique sounds. Not sure about the comparison w/ S300. Here are some specs from Wikipedia

Series Model Year Keys Key type Preset Tones Polyphony (notes) Notes

âCT-S 1â 2021â 61â fullâ 61â 64â Available in red, white or black.

CT-S 300 2019 61 full 400 48 Keyboard two level touch response.

CT-S 400 2021 61 full 600 48 Keyboard three level touch response. Assignable pedal jack.

Glenn

Casiotone CT-S1 Red

Here to commiserate. On Thursday, I bought something used from Guitar Center. The GC store where it is located (nowhere near me) didn't get the item to UPS until yesterday (Monday). Due to what I am forced to assume is sensible UPS logistics, the package travelled to a centralized shipping center 100 miles in the opposite direction from where I live. Now, it is stuck there -- many, many hundreds of miles from me: "Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. / Delivery will be rescheduled."

This is clearly a "first world" problem, and I will be patient. But the adage is true, "the waiting is the hardest part."

Here to commiserate. On Thursday, I bought something used from Guitar Center. The GC store where it is located (nowhere near me) didn't get the item to UPS until yesterday (Monday). Due to what I am forced to assume is sensible UPS logistics, the package travelled to a centralized shipping center 100 miles in the opposite direction from where I live. Now, it is stuck there -- many, many hundreds of miles from me: "Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. / Delivery will be rescheduled."

This is clearly a "first world" problem, and I will be patient. But the adage is true, "the waiting is the hardest part."

I go through that with FedEx ground. I buy something from Sweetwater and the package goes on an extended tour of the midwest and southwest because it heads to Southern California. The crazy one for me sometime is USPS. I live in a city about 40 miles inland and with USPS tracking I can see my package get to one of two locations that typically mean I'll have it the next day. One time it got there some machine or someone read the zip wrong and my package when on a five day journey of North California before getting back to where it started. Then they sent it on a two day journey to downtown L.A. before finally making it the 70 miles to place at the furthest north border of L.A. County. Another time same thing except the package went from close up to Washington state then wound it's way back to me. Do any of the delivery companies look at the paths they actually sent packages on. My packages take more road trips than I do.

S400 has S300 features but S1 sounds, ya?

S1 supposedly has some custom, unique sounds. Not sure about the comparison w/ S300. Here are some specs from Wikipedia

Series Model Year Keys Key type Preset Tones Polyphony (notes) Notes

âCT-S 1â 2021â 61â fullâ 61â 64â Available in red, white or black.

CT-S 300 2019 61 full 400 48 Keyboard two level touch response.

CT-S 400 2021 61 full 600 48 Keyboard three level touch response. Assignable pedal jack.

To be clear the CT-S400 is a completely different animal than the CT-S300. Significantly better tones, better speaker system, graphic LCD display and more. It is a remarkably versatile and fun instrument.

The CT-S1 only has 61 tones, no rhythms and some of those tones are exclusive and won't be found in the CT-S400. This includes some of the Transistor Organs, CP-70 EP, Vintage Synths and String Machines, Classic Casio sounds and more.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Package has made it to Denver area, FedEx facility in Commerce City. Was originally showing as coming in today, but I'm completely not surprised it didn't make it here from Lincoln, NE in one day. Maybe tomorrow???

Glenn

Casiotone CT-S1 Red

Good news/bad news...

It's good that the keyboard arrived at the local shipping store yesterday. Unfortunately it arrived *after* the customer area closed for the day. So now I get to wait the *entire Labor Day weekend* before I can pick it up. *sob*

Glenn

Casiotone CT-S1 Red

Good news/bad news...

It's good that the keyboard arrived at the local shipping store yesterday. Unfortunately it arrived *after* the customer area closed for the day. So now I get to wait the *entire Labor Day weekend* before I can pick it up. *sob*

In case misery loves company... I am in same situation. Keyboard arrived to facility Friday evening, about 10 miles from my house. Have to wait until Tuesday to put my hands on it.

Good news/bad news...

In case misery loves company... I am in same situation. Keyboard arrived to facility Friday evening, about 10 miles from my house. Have to wait until Tuesday to put my hands on it.

Soon!

Glenn

Casiotone CT-S1 Red

I've dragged this up from below due to an on topic and noteworthy bit of madness.

I bought an item on eBay, a steel tongue drum. It shipped Friday, September 3rd.

FedEx from El Paso Texas. I have a Fed Ex account and they text updates to my phone. Here they are, shortened to get to the point.

Weds Sept 8th - package was scheduled for delivery on Thursday 9/9

Thursday, Sept 9th - package was out for delivery.

Thursday Sept 9th - package is delayed, scheduled to arrive 9/10 before noon

Friday Sept 10th - package was out for delivery.

Friday Sept 10th - package was delayed due to operational reasons

Friday Sept 10th - We're sorry, your package is still delayed

Saturday Sept 11th - delivery is scheduled for Monday, Sept 13th

Saturday Sept 11th - your package is scheduled for delivery Tuesday 09/14 between 7:50am and 12.

Saturday Sept 11th - your delivery is rescheduled to Sunday 09/12 between 7:50am and 12:30

Sunday Sept 12th - rescheduled for Monday 09/13

Sunday Sept 12th - package delivered 09/12 at 10:04am (this actually happened!)

Sunday, Sept 12th - Hi, your package is now out for delivery today.

Sunday 09/12th - delivery is rescheduled for Mon 09/13

Sunday 09/12 - Hi your package is delayed. It is scheduled to arrive on 09/13

Sunday 09/12 - We apologize, your package is still delayed.

That's 15 notifications in 5 days. 4 notifications came after the package was delivered and 3 of those notifications refer to rescheduling and delays.

I used to have faith in Fed Ex...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Now you're scaring me. I have a printer in transit, and am still waiting for a Kurzweil to ship.

Well, the good new is the item arrived and fully intact although I'd go dollars to donuts you could stand on it or throw it down the stairs without harming it. It is made of steel and has zero moving parts other than the tones it makes when the tongues vibrate.

9 days from El Paso to Bellingham is a bit long but not insane.

I would have been better off not getting the notifications, too late now.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I ordered ES520 July 17 from GC. The confirmation email that day had expected date for Sept 10. There were a few disappointing calls to GC before 10th and was told of delay of 30-90 days.

Good news, GC original email was correct as my order shipped. Will have by end of week.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

I just went thru a mess with FedEx a week ago. The claimed the actually delivered the package and they didn't. I'm so sick of these driver punching in any excuse like resident not home, apartment complex closed, are to familiar ones they use to buy themselves another day to deliver. Never had them say they delivered when they hadn't. I submitted a complaint via the FedEx online system, but it responded to wait five hours to see if package arrives. I then contacted Sweetwater and told them so they can try to track from their end. After five hours I updated my FedEx complaint it still hadn't arrived. So my "delivered" still wasn't there at 11pm, I checked outside before I went to bed. I wake up in the morning and amazingly my package showed up during the night. Let FedEx and Sweetwater know my package finally showed up. USP plays the same games punching in resident not available or similar lie to buy themselves another day to deliver. I could deal with them being honest and just saying they had to reschedule.

All this crap started when they started tracking their drivers every move. Micro managing employees never ends well first for the customer and then for the company.