Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wurly 200!

We recently welcomed a new addition to the music room here.... a near-pristine Wurlitzer Model 200! It's not the 200A, which is fine for me, as the A is known to be a bit brighter and cleaner sounding. This little beauty sounds naughty, and I'm in love!

It was one of those scenarios I usually only read about: a friend with a local choral group in my town asked if I'd have room for "an old piano", since the thing was just sitting idle and taking up room in their rehearsal space. Still pinching myself!

https://www.facebook.com/david.weiser.73/posts/10222652653277395

https://www.facebook.com/david.weiser.73/videos/573401100701245

https://www.facebook.com/david.weiser.73/videos/522111088845669

[ugh looks like we can't embed Facebook video?]

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not true. I have a friend here (Canberra, Australia) who acquired a mint condition 207 (the gold teacher"s model) in exchange for an old Atari, which is strange enough in itself given the number of people interested in such things; the guy had inherited the piano had no idea what he had.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

No, not true. I have a friend here (Canberra, Australia) who acquired a mint condition 207 (the gold teacher"s model) in exchange for an old Atari, which is strange enough in itself given the number of people interested in such things; the guy had inherited the piano had no idea what he had.

I meant that these things happen mainly in the US where the capacity of such instruments is huge comparing to other countries. In Europe these vintage beasts are rare to find and people who give them away for nothing, even more.

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

I'm sure your statement is true as a generalisation, but an opportunity to recount my friend's unicorn story was too good to pass up. Until he showed it to me I had no idea a 207 was even a thing.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

Sounds awesome! What a find. It does have a nasty little character to it! Fits your playing style nicely.

I currently have a free Ludwig drumset in my studio that was a garage giveaway. Had to have some work done to it because it's actually older than me, but it plays and sounds great. Clearcoat is cracked but the guy who re-furbished it said it would go down in value if I fixed some of the cosmetic stuff that was from straight up aging.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

You realize now you can't just have a Wurli without having a Fender Rhodes next to it.... and a Hammond next to that... and a Clav next to that .......

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band