Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MY 50 YEAR ANNIVERSARY DRUM SOLO COMPILATION

techristian

50 years ago, just before my 16th birthday, I received my first set of Silvertone drums from the SEARS catalog. I worked hard for those drums, selling ice cream on an ice cream bicycle for almost a month to raise the $160 for that first set. I almost made my poor mother deaf practicing! After making such a large investment ,I had no choice but to keep it up. Here I am , nearly 66 and still at it. To my drummer friends out there, I hope that you enjoy this!

https://rumble.com/vl0sua-my-50-year-anniversary-drum-solo-compilation.html

Dan

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. I also started with a Sears set, silver sparkle five piece set with the crappiest cymbals ever. We had two rules in the house. No playing during the news. No playing after dad went to bed, which was usually 9:00 PM. I played for hours every day through high school. Maybe starting on those crappy cymbals is why I have so many decent cymbals now.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really nice work, Sir Dan!!!!

I listened with a single Mackie MR5 studio monitor and I could hear your bass drum work clearly. 

Double kick? I didn't see the hi hats moving most of the time and that's really fast footwork even for a double kick. 

We are more or less the same age, I started playing guitar when I was 13. Thousands of gigs later I still love it! Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.