Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone using Road Runner gig bag

I have been searching for a soft gig bag. I've had the Gator Slim 88 before but sold it. I remember paying under $100, now it sells for $149. My cheap favorite so far is the Road Runner bag, which I think is a Guitar Center brand. The handle doesn't look durable, but I don't gig much at this moment. It was $69.95 a week ago, now it is $74.95.

Anyone owned a Road Runner bag?

Feel free to post alternatives. Only interested in soft bags, w/o wheels. The case needs to fit a ES 520.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one, use it for a Yamaha MOXF 6. It's thin, it's light, it was cheap and certainly worth what I paid for it.

It provides adequate protection but isn't as nice as some of the more expensive brands that have been around for a while.

It depends on how you're going to use it, what you expect.

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

I"ve always bought 40-60 dollar gig bags for my 88"s.

Only grab the handle when unloading/loading.

Shoulder straps allow me to wheel and carry, so if no shoulder strap, no sale for me.

NKTM is as cheap as they get.

Had a Gator before that and the zipper broke.

They"re actually all cheap pieces of crap compared to a gun case or ATA.

Pelican Gun Cases are great because the spungy stuff can be shaped as a perfect fit.

You don"t need those unless you"re flying to a gig.

But after Gulf War 2 the surplus of high end used cases were everywhere and cheap.

Now that we"re splitting Afghanistan keep your eyes out for really cheap high end used gun cases and racked gear.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic