Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oscar Peterson Documentary

With appearances by Herbie, Quincy, Billy Joel(!), Ramsey Lewis, and probably others. Embedded video at the link, hopefully general distribution after the TIFF.

Oscar Peterson: Black + White

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up, Joe! Often compared to Tatum, he was more bluesy and his sound was so compressed and powerful. I liked how he kept his band more or less intact, too. One of my biggest regrets is not seeing Oscar on what would have been his last Canadian tour.

Here for the gear.

Yes, thanks for the share, Joe. I'll have to get back on Crave to catch this. I also wish I had seen him. I have a crystal clear memory of listening to the CBC memorial tribute on the way to a bantam hockey game. Hymn To Freedom played while we drove under the railroad overpass on Fort Road. At the very least, I've seen Robi Botos and Chris Andrew do their best take on Oscar, and that's already a privilege to bear witness to.