Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Mixer (behringer air) XLR to 1/4 inch amp

So we are thinking of getting one of those Behringer xair mixers for the band. Only issue is the amp that would run monitors only has 1/4 input and output.

The mixer has xlr outs only, I believe.

Do I need a new amp too? Or is there some sort of adapter or cable?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

another alternative...

link

Yes, you will also need a TRS 1/4" cable. I've had more trouble with adapters than I have had with the sort of connectors that come on the cord harmonizer is recommending.

So a spare would be recommended if that route is taken but spares are an essential part of gigging anyway.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

another alternative...

link

Yes, you will also need a TRS 1/4" cable. I've had more trouble with adapters than I have had with the sort of connectors that come on the cord harmonizer is recommending.

So a spare would be recommended if that route is taken but spares are an essential part of gigging anyway.

the reason i recommended the adapter is that you dont have to use a trs cable. that adapter will accept a "TS" cable as well. so whatever 1/4"cable he uses today should work with the adapter.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band