Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg Module Performance Expansion

I just downloaded the 7 day trial version of this to do splits and layers. The soundest of 62 sounds are there but not the functionality to actually do the splits. There"s supposed to be a menu that comes up in the set list when the keyboard icon is clicked. No such luck! I"m reluctant to purchase for $30 when it won"t do what it"s supposed to do. Maybe it"s because it"s the 7 day trial version? Anybody else experienced this frustration? Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Korg Module the splits/layers are done per patch/instrument.

1. From the Set List screen, select a patch/instrument.

2. Tap the little keyboard on the patch/instrument

You should see the options for single/split/layer at the top of the pop-up screen.

In Korg Module the splits/layers are done per patch/instrument.

1. From the Set List screen, select a patch/instrument.

2. Tap the little keyboard on the patch/instrument

You should see the options for single/split/layer at the top of the pop-up screen.

Thanks. I followed that process but when when I tap the little keyboard in set list mode it does not bring up the split/layer menu. It reverts back to the patch/program menu. Frustrating. Again, I wonder if it"s because I downloaded the 7 day trial version that it doesn"t have full functionality. I even downloaded it to both my iPad and iPhone with the same results.

After my recent experience of Module enticing me with gigabytes of piano samples for 7-day trial, only to find out that my version is incompatible (I eventually got the picture, nobody at Korg actually helped me out), I can only offer my impression that whoever is in charge at their iOS division, the lights might be on but nobody's home.

Is the free trial app Module or Module Pro?

I have Module Pro. The 7 day trial is the Performance Expansion Pack. I own most of the other packs that Korg offers so I wanted to try splitting and layer. The sound set with this pack is fine, but this trial version won"t do precisely what it"s designed to do.

I have Module Pro but purchased the Expansion Pack, so I haven"t seen the free trial offer (mine just says it"s installed). We can assume you have to buy it to unlock it (which is stated in the manual) but yeah, someone in Software obviously didn"t get the memo from Marketing.

Here for the gear.

I have Module Pro, and most of the expansion packs, including the one for splits, etc. Has to be setup individually for each combination of patches, but it has worked for me. Only ones I created were some other instrument treble, and bass in the low end.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim