Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer Positron 16

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At first blush, it seems to take aim at the Arturia Polybrute style which is also described as a morphing synthesizer and features dual filters. Are there other synths we should compare it to?

While I like the Moffat filter, I have not been a fan of the Curtis 3320 filter. (YMMV) I generally prefer to see a state-variable or ladder. Then again, the proposed Moffat and Curtis filters are multimode while the ladder in the Polybrute is LP. Perhaps they will have a broader timbral range?

Considering they so many concepts that haven"t made it to the market yet, who knows when we would see this. Sounds interesting though. At least it isn"t a clone, and it would have polyphonic aftertouch. The only addition I would want is a third VCO per voice.

https://www.gearnews.com/positron-16-concept-morphing-analog-polyphonic-synthesizer/

Agreed 100%. Perhaps the 3rd VCO could be of a different type. Digital/wavetable could be interesting.

Considering they so many concepts that haven"t made it to the market yet, who knows when we would see this. Sounds interesting though. At least it isn"t a clone, and it would have polyphonic aftertouch. The only addition I would want is a third VCO per voice.

https://www.gearnews.com/positron-16-concept-morphing-analog-polyphonic-synthesizer/

Agreed 100%. Perhaps the 3rd VCO could be of a different type. Digital/wavetable could be interesting.

I was thinking more of a Memorymoog/Moog One kind of thing, but I like your idea better. The Korg Prologue doesn"t have aftertouch.

This kind of synth seems beyond Behringer's usual remit, but also beyond that of most manufacturers. Its a real beauty overall, but its not far from the legendary Bahn Sage. Its the synth version of the Homer Simpson dream car, bulging with Everything At Once. It'd be a $3k boutique prize like a UDO Super 6. Photoshop + weed = Positron 16 render. :puff:

The Bahn Sage McGuffin

"Why can't they just make up something of their own?"
           ~ The great Richard Matheson, on the movie remakes of his book, "I Am Legend"