Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

James reviews Kawai ES110, 520, and 920

[video:youtube]

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the ES110 is my favorite digital piano action ever. It responds like a piano.

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

It takes a long, long time to get these from Kawai right now. Some have stock but I put my order in for the ES920 a couple months ago, prepaid for an excellent price, but can't get an update when they are coming in. Kawai says they are making more than they have ever manufactured before but they just can't keep up with the demand for these pianos now.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

I'd own an ES110 now if one had been available last year when my kid needed one for college (music major, all keyboard labs became virtual). I figured once he didn't need it, if that happened, I'd "inherit" :D

I waited a while but they were out of stock EVERYWHERE so I bought my friend's used MOXF8. Not a huge fan of the action on that but of course the non-piano functionality is much better.

I can actually get an ES110 or an ES520 now, if I want to punt on waiting for the ES920 indefinitely. And with a few bucks back in my pocket I can get a new Mini Vent II which is something I don't own and get that as a "free" exchange in trade for the ES520.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Dear James

Please try to speak without all the CONSTANT hand emphasis! I had a professor who used to do this...cant watch it.

I am not always in agreement with this guy. And he doesn't seem to get Rhodes...organs or anything but acoustic piano.

The Kawai. ES 110 actions may be good but I much prefer the sound of Roland supernatural in that price point.