Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hi Everybody,

Friday, May 21st I am having reconstructive foot surgery on my right foot.

It will be eight weeks before I can put any weight on that foot and then a slow transition to being able to walk again.

I won't have easy access to this computer (I don't use my phone to surf the internet) so I probably won't be around for a while. I've got lots of helpful friends who will visit and take care of needed chores like shopping, cooking, taking out the garbage, running the laundry, etc. I'll be fine, it won't be fun at first.

I love it on MPN, I'll be back. Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck, buddy. The Studio Workshop will miss you!

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

• 2 months later...

Posting an update since it's been 10 weeks or more.

I am able to walk around my condo a bit, wearing my Hulk Boot. I started with crutches and testing putting some weight on my foot. I can do it. There is a little pain but not too bad.

Today is the first day I skipped taking any pain medication. I was just taking Ibuprofen for the about 9 weeks anyway.

The foot is swollen but it's healing. I have some shoes on order, when they get here I should be able to drive a bit and get my own groceries, etc.

My friends have been incredibly helpful and gracious during this time.

There's more to come but I am well on the way to recovery. Hope everybody else is doing well!!!! Cheers, Kuru

Sounds like good news, and that the end is in sight.

Thanks Mike, I have a ways to go to get back to "normal" but things are going well and I am feeling good about my progress.

This time being one-footed has engendered a change of perspective, not entirely unwelcome.

Today I got a pair of absurdly large Crocs delivered. The right shoe fits my swollen foot, the doctors tell me the foot will be swollen for another couple of months or so.

Anyway, it's not stupid wide like my boot or cast were and I can drive!!!! So today I drove to the Habitat for Humanity store and donated some stuff, then I went to Trader Joe's and bought some food.

It's awesome, I don't have to wait for a friend to come pick me up anymore for things like groceries. There are 3 stores close by, I have options.

And, I am walking just a little bit more every day. I'm not there yet, there is a ways to go. There is progress and I will stay the course and take my time.