Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gig Performer 3 for $39.99

I'm not affiliated in any way, in fact I'm not even a user; but I know a lot of people here like the program, so I thought I'd pass along info about the current sale.

Use this voucher code during checkout: DESKEW-3999.

If you have a Plugin Alliance loyalty voucher code for this month, you can combine it with the voucher code above to bring the price down even lower.

Gig Performer 3 | Plugin Alliance

The offer ends on May 16, 11:59 PM PST.

FYI, Plugin Alliance has a pattern of slowly bringing the sale price down as plugins age. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gig Performer 3 offered again for $39.99, or perhaps even less, in future sales; so don't worry if you saw this thread too late.

Edit: Please read miden's post below for additional considerations.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But it's different to the actual Gig Performer 3 though...I got this from their support..

"Plugin Alliance distributes Gig Performer but uses their own licensing system. Their locked version will only work with PA plugins and their unlocked version will work with any plugin. The underlying product is ours."

Just thought I'd post this.

It should be noted though that the special IS for the "unlocked" version so I would guess, essentially, it should do everything Gig Performer ("factory" version) does. That being the case, and as the sales guy also said they NEVER discount GP, this might be a nice cheap way in.

However another thing to consider - "we do not discount Gig Performer. PA does occasional sales but in such cases, users will not be able to upgrade through us." So you cannot upgrade to GP 4 coming out soon. If you buy GP from GP now ($149 Windows or Mac) you also get an included upgrade to 4.

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

I actually thought of this forum when I heard of the sale.

I figured Mainstage is the most popular choice here as a plugin host for live performance but this looks like a decent competitor.

If you are a MacOS user Mainstage which includes all the Logic AU's is a no brainer first choice. However for Window's there is no MainStage alternative so Gig Performer at this price is a no brainer for Windows even with the limitations.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Mainstage is unique in supplying the full sound library. But for VST+hardware sound/patch management, yes, the PC has Gig Performer, and Cantabile, and also Camelot Pro. Gig Performer and Camelot Pro are also on Mac, providing different benefits and different ways of working compared to Mainstage.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

yes, the PC has Gig Performer, and Cantabile, and also Camelot Pro. Gig Performer and Camelot Pro are also on Mac, providing different benefits and different ways of working compared to Mainstage.

Thanks Scott, I had forgotten about Camelot - I use it on iPad but the PC version is a bit pricey.

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Yes there is an alternative - Cantabile https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/

Been there, done that, subscription model for updates, we are taking here about about a $39 entry point, does Brad offer that? See sig.

The question was only whether Mainstage alternatives exist for Windows. What they offer at what price is a different question.

But since you bring it up, comparing price alone disregards the important factors of features and workflow. The cheapest solution isn't always the best for your needs (which is why some people will still pay more than the $30 price of Mainstage to get Camelot Pro or Gig Performer on Mac). Besides that, here you are comparing a $39 special offer of what is normally a pricier program to Cantabile, which yes is pricier, but OTOH, also offers a free version, which GP does not. And this $39 special--as great as it is!--still should be recognized as being for a version that will soon be superseded, apparently without upgrade path.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Yes there is an alternative - Cantabile https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/

Been there, done that, subscription model for updates, we are taking here about about a $39 entry point, does Brad offer that? See sig.

The question was only whether Mainstage alternatives exist for Windows. What they offer at what price is a different question.

But since you bring it up, comparing price alone disregards the important factors of features and workflow. The cheapest solution isn't always the best for your needs (which is why some people will still pay more than the $30 price of Mainstage to get Camelot Pro or Gig Performer on Mac). Besides that, here you are comparing a $39 special offer of what is normally a pricier program to Cantabile, which yes is pricier, but OTOH, also offers a free version, which GP does not. And this $39 special--as great as it is!--still should be recognized as being for a version that will soon be superseded, apparently without upgrade path.

Well I speak as an owner of Cantabile Performer which is my opinion is the only version of Cantabile that offers anything close to the functionality of MainStage or Gig Performer. But warning to all readers of this, Anotherscott owns all versions of GigPerformer, Cantabile and MainStage, luvs laptops for live performance, and speaks from the experience gained from many years of live performance withh all of these, and is a person whom you should trust and believe and never be contradicted. See sig.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Well I speak as an owner of Cantabile Performer which is my opinion is the only version of Cantabile that offers anything close to the functionality of MainStage or Gig Performer. But warning to all readers of this, Anotherscott owns all versions of GigPerformer, Cantabile and MainStage, luvs laptops for live performance, and speaks from the experience gained from many years of live performance withh all of these, and is a person whom you should trust and believe and never be contradicted. See sig.

Odd "rebuttal"... of course you can contradict me, but as far as I can tell, you didn't.

Well if you actually owned any version of Cantabile you would get my drift. But hey why bother anyone else with the differences. You as always, based on your extensive experience with Cantabile are correct. No "fake news" here.

Well if you actually owned any version of Cantabile you would get my drift. But hey why bother anyone else with the differences. You as always, based on your extensive experience with Cantabile are correct. No "fake news" here.

What did I say about Cantabile is incorrect? Do they not have a free version? Do they not charge more than $39 for their full version? Do they not offer a different feature set/workflow than the other options? I believe those were the only things I said about it, and I have no idea what you're disagreeing with.

What did I say about Cantabile is incorrect? Do they not have a free version? Do they not charge more than $39 for their full version? Do they not offer a different feature set/workflow than the other options? I believe those were the only things I said about it, and I have no idea what you're disagreeing with.

Really, you visted Cantabiles website and can't tell the difference, with all your experience using these live?

Really, you visted Cantabiles website and can't tell the difference, with all your experience using these live?

Lets end the convo on this note

[video:youtube]