Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

I appear to have gone over to the dark side. G&L Legacy Tribute in Midlifecrisis Red...I think that's the colour, anyway...

http://www.goldstraw.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/286337-Legacy-Red-Thumbnail-1.jpeg

Very nice!!! I've set up a few G&L guitars, quality is high and there is no better non-locking vibrato bar made by anybody, period.

Have fun!!!!!!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Pigments 3 for $49.00. I've slowed down on buying software instruments for a while but this will keep me playing with something new before the Native Instruments summer upgrade sale.

I still have not received the Kawai ES920 that I ordered as it is still on backorder from Kawai, but I'm told I should have it here around the 3rd week of May.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Just spent the evening with the new SWAM Cello on iOS. It is simply marvelous, at least through headphones.

I'm using my older iPhone 8 as an xyz midi controller via bluetooth, and -- with a bit of technique work -- I was carving out all sorts of sweet, deep string lines. With more practice on my part, this instrument is good enough to fool most of the people most of the time. Besides that, it's fun to play -- super expressive, just like the real thing

Compare to the solo strings I've tried on both hardware and software, this thing is in a league of its own. $19.99 promo price through May 31, then likely $29.99 thereafter.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Just spent the evening with the new SWAM Cello on iOS. It is simply marvelous, at least through headphones. .

Couldn't find it in the app store, in my iPad nor iPhone. I do have a US itunes account, but I'm wondering if it's blocking me somehow. Does it go by a different name?

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Just updated my 88-note controller from Keystation 88 to a Arturia Essentials 88. Loving it so far!

Also upgraded my synth collection to include a Wavestate. All sorts of awesomeness there.

Grabbed a PreSonus FaderPort to use with Logic & Cubase. Considering returning that and getting the Behringer X-Touch One. Talk me out of it?

Have a HyperStation QR Laptop stand on its way when their next shipment gets in.

Am considering picking up an Alesis Command Mesh Electronic Drum set to use for recording drums. Have EZdrummer 2 and Kontakt.

Was considering the Roland TD-1DMK but like the flexibility and better brain on the Alesis. Any and all opinions welcomed.

These additions should keep me occupied for a little while I think.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Perhaps you can follow the links from the source? https://audiomodeling.com/ios-products/

Thanks. Worked in my iPad. Although when I tried on my iPhone, it says I need an iPad, which is curious as the OP said he was using in an iPhone.

Anyways, will try it out later today. Thanks again.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

Rod S: go back and re-read my post? I'm using my iPhone 8 as an xyz controller for my iPad. You've got to use at least one continuous controller to play the instrument. Three continuous controllers at once is awesome, hence the iPhone. The software only runs on an iPad. You will need two free apps: "miditure" and "midimittr" to set up this two device configuration.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Rod S: go back and re-read my post? I'm using my iPhone 8 as an xyz controller for my iPad. You've got to use at least one continuous controller to play the instrument. Three continuous controllers at once is awesome, hence the iPhone. The software only runs on an iPad. You will need two free apps: "miditure" and "midimittr" to set up this two device configuration.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't see mention of iPad, hence did not understand the controller explanation (thought it was inside the app) , but I got it now. Have some learning and playing around to do! This is more complex than I've used iOS apps so far...

MBP-LOGIC

Rod S; you've got it. Most of the iPad stuff is about having musical fun, and the apps are super easy to learn and use. But there are a handful of serious instruments out there. The Hammond B-3X is an excellent example, the Moog D software, and of course the SWAM instruments. The SWAM stuff is definitely more complex, but worth it. With some practice, you'll be doing horn / woodwind / string parts that are addictively rich. My next step is to figure out how to put together a hardened rig to gig with.

As for me, finally purchased a K&M 18880 with the 18881 and 18882 stackers. Expensive, but the best 3 tier stand I have ever owned. Also just purchased Purgatory Creek "Tines" set for Kontakt. Should have done that years ago. Price/performance is amazing. Might pick up the "Reeds" set, although no need. BB doesn't post here anymore, with that were different.
:nopity:

After about a year of wanting a workstation and trying to decide, changing decision on which one, then new stuff coming out, flipping coin and etc. I finally said screw it all my keyboard heros play Kronos so I ordered one yesterday. Then a nightmare dealing with my bank the Kronos is on it way. Now to start clearing space for it.

Found it interesting my salesperson and I talked about Kronos and Nautilus, they made it very clear the Nautilus is NOT a replacement for the Kronos. He did get a little bit on the technical differences for sounds between the two and why some Nautilus sounds can't be moved to the Kronos.

K&M 18952 2nd tier for my 18950 stand - got a gig where I can't fit my big Z-stand there but I need two boards. :)

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

ezgif-com-gif-maker.jpg

Got an offer I couldn't refuse, especially in light of an upcoming week-long gig that requires heavy pad usage but has no space for my XF8.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Made an offer on a gotdang house last Friday which was accepted. Just put the deposit down today. Inspection this Sunday. If all continues to go well, I take possession July 8.

Still feels surreal.

:freak::pop::ohmy::w00t:

Well done, sir!

:2thu:

Here for the gear.

130 quality patches for my Minilogue XD! Deleted all the factory garbage, korg could've done much better.

if I may ask....what 130 patches and where did you purchase them from

Sorry for missing your reply!! I don't know if it's something I set up by mistake, but on this forum I don't get notifications for anything.

Anyway, I bought the 4 sound packs from Push Pull on youtube, which can be found here. There's Classic, Ultimate, Ambient, and Atmospheric. It includes a user OSC and a user effect that have to be installed in the correct slots for about 20% of the patches to work properly. It's $20 for all of them combined.

As of last night, I also bought the 333 patch collection from Ultimate Patches. I haven't had a chance to play any of them yet, but the demo sounds great and the Covid bonus price knocked it down to $35 total. You can check those out here:

Keyboards: Nord Electro 6D 73, Korg SV-1 88, Minilogue XD, Yamaha YPG-625

Bonus: Boss RC-3 Loopstation

Made an offer on a gotdang house last Friday which was accepted. Just put the deposit down today. Inspection this Sunday. If all continues to go well, I take possession July 8.

Still feels surreal.

Well done, sir!

:2thu:

Agreed. :thu:

Congrats in your purchase brotha Eric and welcome to home ownership. :wave::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

After about a year of wanting a workstation and trying to decide, changing decision on which one, then new stuff coming out, flipping coin and etc. I finally said screw it all my keyboard heros play Kronos so I ordered one yesterday. Then a nightmare dealing with my bank the Kronos is on it way. Now to start clearing space for it.

Found it interesting my salesperson and I talked about Kronos and Nautilus, they made it very clear the Nautilus is NOT a replacement for the Kronos. He did get a little bit on the technical differences for sounds between the two and why some Nautilus sounds can't be moved to the Kronos.

Finally got the Kronos setup and amazed at how great it sounds. Things I've learned so far....

1. Glad the gyms are open again because this thing is not light for an old man to move around.

2. People warned me the learning curve is steep, that's an understatement. Going to take a few days just to get the hang of basic navigation.

3. The sounds are already blowing me away compared to my RD-2000 so much fuller and higher output. I was able to drop the level on my studio monitors I play thru by half.

4. Cool to see sounds from Herbie, Russ Ferrante, George Duke, Jeff Lorber, Rudress, and from hit records. Digging the nylon string guitar sound

5. I like the keybed it's not as acoustic like as the RD-2000, but it is close and for synth work it will be better.

I picked up a package of those stylus pens for touch screens and makes it easier to click things that it might not be sure what fat fingers are trying to hit.

Get ahold of Busch's Purgatory Creek sets â way better than what's onboard.

I got a lot of learning of the Kronos to do first before I think about adding on. But when ready I'll check those sounds out.

Thanks

I've never had a drum machine before. This promises to be a ton of fun. Maybe the beginnings of playing out a fantasy of doing live synth/beat performances at hip coffee houses and trendy bars?

http://natevenet.com/misc/Drumbrute2.jpg

Incoming - Viscount Legend70"s Compact should show up on my doorstep tomorrow by UPS.

I couldn"t resist, that look are so retro and I miss a more HA-like action.

Curious if it can replace my Nord Stage, but otherwise, I also miss a more piano oriented keyboard in my home studio.

30 days free return policies from Thomann. Let"s see. Will write my impressions after some days. Know where I will be in the weekend :keys:

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

Still feels surreal.

If I had known you were looking I could have sold you my old/current house. :P:laugh:

Congrats, dude!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Well, I'm afraid the guitar went back the next day. I was never more than a mediocre player, and a break of a decade and a half has not been kind to my limited six-string skills.

However, this is on the way...

yamaha-p515-digital-piano.jpg

I was seriously toying with the idea of an Avant Grand but decided I couldn't really justify the money right now. This will finally replace my now ancient and rather battered CP4. The 515 probably won't be leaving the studio, so I bought the furniture stand and pedals so it looks cool on videos, and the SW100 subwoofer so I can play it without firing up the rest of the studio.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Almost 2 weeks ago I bought a Blackstar ID: Core Stereo 20 V2 at Goodwill for $8, tag said it needed a power supply. That arrived yesterday and the amp works perfectly.

2013.thumb.jpg.b01d9eab131a3a8445835dd5efea0509.jpg

2014.thumb.jpg.f0ba81e6a4450f2f159643d70c7c3b52.jpg

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.