Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KORG SPARE POWER SUPPLY QUESTION

Greetings. I recently acquired a Korg Opsix. My tradition with all devices requiring a wall-wart is to buy a spare power supply, just in case.

I actually started looking for the spare PS before my pre-ordered keyboard arrived, and couldn't find any info on the part number of the power supply.

Thankfully, it's written on the box and the PS itself, which came with the unit.

Once I had the part number, I searched Google and tried "Parts is Parts," and also Sweetwater (where I bought the keyboard.) They're doing what they

can, but this isn't going to be simple or quick. I realize that very little is "business as usual" these days, but in addition to patience, is there anything else

you could recommend? If there are any sources which have worked for any of you in similar situations, I'd appreciate hearing about them.

(In case it helps, the part number is KA390V1)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait until you get it, see how many volts and amps it is, measure the plug, go to guitar center or online and buy one with the same specs. Unless this Opsix is being used for some kind of NASA mission that demands redundancy, I think you're going to be fine not having a spare for a couple of weeks.

Thanks to all of you (and I apologize for the ALL CAPS HEADLINE. (Sheesh!) Good points made here, and although I sold a keyboard to Syntaur for parts years ago, it

never occurred to me to to check there for a power supply for a new keyboard. This is a very helpful community, and yes, I miss the heck out of Radio Shack too. :)

Just to clarify - the specs do not have to be the identical. You want the voltage, the connector, and the connector's polarity to be the same. The rated power can be higher, if that's what's available. There's no harm in replacing a 500 mA rated wall wart with one that rated at 750 mA, or 1A, etc.

Hey OB Dave, Since we"re talking about power supply substitution I was wondering about when people swap the SK1-2 supply for the Casio PX5S supply. The connector and polarity match and they are both 12 volt DC. The stock supply for the SK is rated 5A while the Casio is rated lower at 1.5 A. The SK draws 1.25 A. DC so it looks like the Hammond Suzuki supply is a bit overbuilt. Looks like the Casio supply will do no harm but I"d hate to try it and be wrong. What do you think? I respect your technical knowledge and would really like to hear your take. Thanks.