Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Craigslist organ nostalgia - only $150

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Groovy... Brings back memories of the Kustom 88 piano, which I liked the sound of back in the day. And the top of that Kustom organ reminds me of a waterbed I once knew.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Reminds me of a band that wanted to hire me in high school (73, 74?) but I had to buy their Kustom organ for $600. Mom & Dad wouldn't go for that (these guys were in their 20s and I was 16/17).

Heck, the 1st 4 gigs would have paid for it but the 'rents thought they were gonna take the money & run (not likely, they were well known & played all over town).

Reminds me of a band that wanted to hire me in high school (73, 74?) but I had to buy their Kustom organ for $600. Mom & Dad wouldn't go for that (these guys were in their 20s and I was 16/17).

Heck, the 1st 4 gigs would have paid for it but the 'rents thought they were gonna take the money & run (not likely, they were well known & played all over town).

You may have been a spectacular musician at the time. If not it is interesting how they had gigs all over town but they could not find anyone other than a teenager in high school to play keyboards. You would have to be pretty good for them to take you on with all of the complications of your age. If Mom and Dad went for it you might have had an organ for the money but somehow it is unlikely you would have had a position in that band long enough to ever play a gig. Seems like they just wanted someone to pay $600 for the organ and could not find an interested buyer the honest way.

Adorable! Reminds me of some Kustom-influenced B3 that was custom-built for maybe Lenny Kravitz's keyboard player? I have a memory of a Keyboard Magazine article, maybe from the '90s or '00s where the B3 was build in this bright red Kustom-type upholstery. Anyone else remember it? I tried a little Google searching and wasn't finding anything with a couple of attempts.

My first gig able instrument was the single manual version of that Kustom organ. Sat atop a speaker cabinet with 4 12' speakers.

Kawai KG-2C, Nord Stage 3 73, Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2x, Moog Voyager and Little Phatty Stage II, Slim Phatty, Roland Lucina AX-09, Hohner Piano Melodica, Spacestation V3, pair of QSC 8.2s.

I just found my dream organ on Craigslist. When I was 16 it was my best chance at a B3 clone of the day. I never owned this dual manual but I did own the single manual version and owned a Leslie 900. I remember seeing Sly Stone playing it standing up. Within a year I gave up organ for piano permanently.

Farfisa Professional

recent search update: Just found the single manual for sale: Single manual Farfisa Professional

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

I rocked a single manual Farfisa Professional thru a leslie 145 back in the day. It took the local music store 6 months to get it from Italy after I ordered it, and I dumped it for my first B-3 a year later. It was extremely versatile with the 4 different voicing sections.

Moe

---

Years ago the music store downtown got a bunch of tuck-n-roll Kustom amps in various colors. One of the amp heads was a gold color one. Never knew they made them in gold. The store owner pulled back one of the folds... underneath it was actually silver. The amp was part of the backline equipment at a bar for years... the nicotine from years of cigarette smoke had stained the silver to gold. Think what that does to your lungs... Ouch.