Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

FUN FUN FUN!!!!

Just picked up a little Yamaha PSS-A50 digital keyboard

37 Mini Keys, the same action as Reface but only cost $99.

Built-in speaker. MIDI, etc.

So much fun!!!!

Bought it because I wanted a small inexpensive practice remote keyboard for those times when I get a student cancellation and am sitting in my car... or for taking away for weekends when I just want something simple.

SO MUCH FUN!!!

Tom

Nord Electro 5D, Modal Cobalt 8, Yamaha upright piano, numerous plug-ins...

Yeah, I got my first extended time with the B2600, and just had a complete blast playing it for two hours straight! Broke out the patch cords, figured out the duophonic mode, and generally took myself wherever my imagination led me. I am still just scratching the surface, but this is the most fun I have had learning a synth in a long time! Was able to get great sounds with just one oscillator, I gotta say B (who I am usually not very fond of) really hit a home run here...

Dangerous Music BAX EQ plugin, a copy of their Baxendall hardware EQ. I now have every Plugin Alliance plugin that I wanted. I bought a total of 4 of them and downloaded the 5 free ones because free.

Haven't tried the free ones yet, I can always toss them out.

I heard the sample of the BAX EQ on kick drum and it sounded fantastic. If that's all it does, it was worth $40.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Memorymoon's CS-80 analog, the ME80. Instant Blade Runner. Its not really a sound designer's instrument. Its more like the synth version of a cello, doing what it does extremely well, just vertically. The GUI is a bit cramped, but otherwise, its an excellent labor-of-love project, including a coder who owns the real thing. The attention to detail shows. It includes the touch strip, nerd hallelujah! I had to Valhalla the thing up to fully reach Vangelis Heav'n, but I got there. I'll enjoy the classic sounds & super-pads, but there's a sweet flute in it, too. Its a WIN.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

Problem is, there's really not any keyboard I want currently.

{In my HAL 9000 voice}:

I'm sorry to hear that, Dave. How long have you been feeling this way?

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Memorymoon's CS-80 analog, the ME80.

I´m using "ME80" and "Messiah" since a long time.

Great synths,- at least since they made it from 32Bit Synthedit to 64Bit C++ !

I love they handle MIDI program changes.

I´m waiting for the Memorymoog emulation moving towards C++ and 64Bit.

AFAIK, it´s in the works.

A.C.

Yeah, I got my first extended time with the B2600, and just had a complete blast playing it for two hours straight! Broke out the patch cords, figured out the duophonic mode, and generally took myself wherever my imagination led me. I am still just scratching the surface, but this is the most fun I have had learning a synth in a long time! Was able to get great sounds with just one oscillator, I gotta say B (who I am usually not very fond of) really hit a home run here...

I agree, much as I have disliked Behringer in the past, this instrument is really terrific, especially for the price. I like the fact that they stayed true to the original design, and didn"t simplify it at all. In my first extended session with it, I was prepared to return it as defective, because I wasn"t getting any signal out of the Sample & Hold circuit. Turns out the output level in the noise generator module was all the way down. Took me a 1/2 hour to figure that out, and I"ve owned and programmed analog synths for 40-ish years.

I"m now considering their Poly D as live gigging substitute for my '74 Minimoog.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Just ordered K&M 18820 and stackers. I found my old wedding ring(s) in a drawer and remembered I'd been meaning to sell them. Turned out to be exactly worth the value of this too-expensive stand set-up. So, thanks divorce! New set-up arrives tomorrow.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Memorymoon's CS-80 analog, the ME80. Instant Blade Runner. Its not really a sound designer's instrument. Its more like the synth version of a cello, doing what it does extremely well, just vertically. The GUI is a bit cramped, but otherwise, its an excellent labor-of-love project, including a coder who owns the real thing. The attention to detail shows. It includes the touch strip, nerd hallelujah! I had to Valhalla the thing up to fully reach Vangelis Heav'n, but I got there. I'll enjoy the classic sounds & super-pads, but there's a sweet flute in it, too. Its a WIN.

Well put. I love mine. Captures the gentle side of the CS80 beautifully. No modern additions, which is fine by me. My goto VI for 'that sound'.

Professional musician = great source of poverty.

K&M stands are expensive in the USA, but they are great stands. I purchased mine from Thomann in Germany, was half the price of USA dealers. Shipping was expensive, and it was still $100 less than anywhere I could buy in the USA, and what I wanted no one had in stock anyway.
:nopity:

Just ordered K&M 18820 and stackers. I found my old wedding ring(s) in a drawer and remembered I'd been meaning to sell them. Turned out to be exactly worth the value of this too-expensive stand set-up. So, thanks divorce! New set-up arrives tomorrow.

My 18820 + stackers setup is the best gigging stand I've ever had! Packs pretty much flat, weighs next to nothing, and supports everything with very little wobble. I don't know if I'd trade my wife for it, but my ex? Likely.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

Due to the Forte SE shipping date being pushed back for the 3rd time, and needing a replacement weighted key bottom board ASAP, I cancelled the SE and got this. Arriving here on Tuesday:

Forte7.png

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

My 18820 + stackers setup is the best gigging stand I've ever had! Packs pretty much flat, weighs next to nothing, and supports everything with very little wobble. I don't know if I'd trade my wife for it, but my ex? Likely.

what's the minimum distance between the top of the lower arms and the top of the front end of the upper tier arms, so angle at 20 degrees max, thx ?

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

I agree, much as I have disliked Behringer in the past, this instrument is really terrific, especially for the price. I like the fact that they stayed true to the original design, and didn"t simplify it at all. In my first extended session with it, I was prepared to return it as defective, because I wasn"t getting any signal out of the Sample & Hold circuit. Turns out the output level in the noise generator module was all the way down. Took me a 1/2 hour to figure that out, and I"ve owned and programmed analog synths for 40-ish years.

I"m now considering their Poly D as live gigging substitute for my '74 Minimoog.

My approach to the 2600 is that if something doesn't work, I need to figure it out. The best place to start is Tom Noise's 2600 videos on Youtube, especially #1 where he shows you 1) how to get a sound out of the 2600, and 2) how to get it to not drone. Like you I have been around synths more than 40 years, but this is my first foray into (semi) modular and there is much to learn. I haven't even gone near a lot of the lower row functions yet!

Purgatory Creek Vintage Keyboard Collection for my Kurzweil PC4. Kurz didn't include the AD and BD combinations for their clavinet patches, which are the two I use most! It was really a better deal to buy the whole collection including the Clavinet D6, Rhodes MK1, Pianet N, Wurlitzer 200A, CP70B, and Wurlitzer 140b, than to just get the Clavinet and the Wurlitzer 200A, which would be what I would use. So in the event I ever need those sounds, I guess I have them too.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

My approach to the 2600 is that if something doesn't work, I need to figure it out. The best place to start is Tom Noise's 2600 videos on Youtube, especially #1 where he shows you 1) how to get a sound out of the 2600, and 2) how to get it to not drone. Like you I have been around synths more than 40 years, but this is my first foray into (semi) modular and there is much to learn. I haven't even gone near a lot of the lower row functions yet!

The bARP 2600 is not my first modular, nor is it the first time I have used a 2600, and it still trips me up. I kind of hate to admit it, but I may have a subconscious bias against Behringer based on past experiences with the reliability of their gear, and that on some level I'm not willing to accept the they have made such an excellent instrument, so it's too easy for me to assume a defect in the instrument instead of operator error. But I'm working on it.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

Some colored cable wraps for rack cable management, a shallow 6" deep rack shelf for my compressor, and the remaining cables I needed (some 1/4" TRS cables, a 3' IEC cable, 1 10' TS cable for my kick pedal, and six 3' midi cables).

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I appear to have gone over to the dark side. G&L Legacy Tribute in Midlifecrisis Red...I think that's the colour, anyway...

http://www.goldstraw.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/286337-Legacy-Red-Thumbnail-1.jpeg

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Roland A49. Wanted the smallest footprint controller with the most number of full size keys that fit my workdesk.

With my wife and kid sleeping early, I have some free time at the end of the day, but my equipment is spread between a den (open to the hallway) and a guest room (occupied), so this gives me an opportunity to play in the office. Not great for ergonomics, but let's me play around with softsynths and learn other software better. I used the 2 monitor + laptop on the right for my day job, connected a macmini to the monitor on the left and use it at the end of the day.

I like the keybed and it fit the purpose. I'm not heading back to the office until something early 2022, and not moving to the new house till sometime October - november of the same year.

GefQTeo.jpg

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760