Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Crumar (Spinet?) Organ!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish you folks would STOP using Facebook. I closed my Facebook account years ago because they have a nasty habit of suspending people that don't agree with them.

There are other platforms like Youtube that are better anyway.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Yeah Brother Dave. I saw it was a Facebook link in the initial Post.

I pass,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I closed my Facebook account years ago because they have a nasty habit of suspending people that don't agree with them.

Mike T.

Indeed (though, not as overt as twitter).

But back to the OP - i find the choice of diving board keys to be odd. I know there were many organs that used them, but it seems limiting.

I wish you folks would STOP using Facebook. I closed my Facebook account years ago because they have a nasty habit of suspending people that don't agree with them.

There are other platforms like Youtube that are better anyway.

Mike T.

Delaware Dave posted this link on the VB3m thread https://www.facebook.com/instruments.crumar/photos/pcb.1569400096587140/1569398886587261/

Don"t need an account (I"m not on FB either)

I closed my Facebook account years ago because they have a nasty habit of suspending people that don't agree with them.

Mike T.

Indeed (though, not as overt as twitter).

But back to the OP - i find the choice of diving board keys to be odd. I know there were many organs that used them, but it seems limiting.

If they play and feel like a Hammond spinet I would be OK with that. Maybe they are going with the Fatar TP8S ? The one used on the Prophet 6 and others.

My L100P has 44 dual manual diving board keys. Guido leans to authenticity so I can understand his reason for diving board keys and frankly it has 5 more keys than my portable spinet. I guess where I'm scratching my head is the offering itself. Typically you go to market with demand so you that can sell your product. What market analysis was done to suggest a spinet type organ with 49 keys is in demand? He doesn't have a 73 key single manual controller with drawbars with his Gemini built in (the Electro killer) in his arsenal. Why not? If he had offered that vs. this spinet I would think that there would be more demand. I would love to understand what his market analysis is based on and who is supplying the offering ideas......

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Interesting that the single manual offering that he showed last week was a GM labs offering and the dual manual big brother has a Crumar Logo. The companies (GSI, Crumar and GM Labs) and the offerings to me are one big mess from a customer facing perspective.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I think it shakes out like this:

GSI -- the main company, selling hardware and software

Crumar -- the division that sells only hardware that has a vintage aesthetic, sold through mainstream channels with associated service and support

GM Labs -- hardware offered as kit or pre-assembled, sold direct, with minimal support

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Nice piece of hardware. Now please bring back the Hamichord. ð

I've got one (controller only - no computer inside) that I am about to part with if you are interested. I wouldn't normally do this, but I know it is a rare piece, especially in the US.

Nice piece of hardware. Now please bring back the Hamichord. ð

I've got one (controller only - no computer inside) that I am about to part with if you are interested. I wouldn't normally do this, but I know it is a rare piece, especially in the US.

And coincidentally, I have the controller board, but not the keyboard! Which I, likewise, would part with.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

who needs when there are single- and dual manual Crumar organs w/ waterfall actions available already.

:confused:

I do like the clear panel on top to make it easier to put another board above, but that's not enough. I think it would even have to be some compbination of significantly smaller (which it doesn't appear to be), lighter, or cheaper.

I think the blank panel to the right of the lower manual is odd... I'd rather see another octave of keys there (so you'd have 61+49, instead of a pair of 49), since that would appear to have no affect on the size and minimal impact on weight (the variable there being how heavy an octave of diving board keys would be, compared to the piece of whatever's there now).

I think it shakes out like this:

GSI -- the main company, selling hardware and software

Crumar -- the division that sells only hardware that has a vintage aesthetic, sold through mainstream channels with associated service and support

GM Labs -- hardware offered as kit or pre-assembled, sold direct, with minimal support

Why is the single manual version being offered by GMLabs and the dual manual version being offered by Crumar? Again, customer confusion.

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Why is the single manual version being offered by GMLabs and the dual manual version being offered by Crumar? Again, customer confusion.

They aren´t comparable anyway ´cause "the GM Labs single manual" thing is a controller w/ waterfall action for VB3-2.

I understand the Crumar dual manual "spinet" model is an organ already.

Plz correct me if I´m wrong ...

A.C.

I think the blank panel to the right of the lower manual is odd... I'd rather see another octave of keys there (so you'd have 61+49, instead of a pair of 49), since that would appear to have no affect on the size and minimal impact on weight (the variable there being how heavy an octave of diving board keys would be, compared to the piece of whatever's there now).

I don't think Fatar make 49 waterfall keyboard. So 49 key waterfalls would be a special build - probably too expensive? Unless you can fit the keys and action on a TP9/S frame. Would that end up being a 49 diving board over 61 waterfall? It's a head scratcher for sure.

http://www.fatar.com/Pages/TP_9S.htm Note that this keyboard isn't available with 61 keys.

good point that the TP9S is not available in 61, and that could be what he's using.

In a 61+49 combo, I don't necessarily have a strong preference about waterfall or not, but I can see where it might look goofy to have one of each...

Is it the marketing dept that depressed and colourized the high C keys on both manuals in the photo? What"s that all about? And yeah, I"d figure out something for the right block on the lower. Phone/iPad shelf with charging port comes to mind. I"m pretty sure I had an ashtray there on my old L-100.

https://www.facebook.com/instruments.crumar/photos/pcb.1569400096587140/1569398886587261/

Here for the gear.