Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Just got my BehringArp 2600, pre-ordered in Dec, along with the Keystep Pro, the 2600 just arrived yesterday. This is the first B-clone I've had my hands on, and I have to say, despite my misgivings, I'm pretty impressed. Instrument feels solid, faders feel good, and it sounds amazing! I had access to a 2600 at the electronic music studio at my college in 1984-ish, it was on loan to the department, and it was my first modular experience. I've wanted one ever since. I may be through buying synths, for a while at least. :cry:

I'm also really digging the Keystep Pro, it's a great controller and sequencer for my modular and semi-modular stuff. I wish it had full-size keys, but it's otherwise awesome. It's great for jamming and sketching out ideas without having to launch Logic. It'll probably see some live use with my experimental trio when gigs start happening again.

51119368968_83e83fcd6c_c.jpg

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Just got that BBE 882i Sonic Maximizer... makes my JBL 305s even better! For fun I plugged it into my Spacestation... it is a HUGE improvement, most notably in the way it now handles the range of AP & EPs.

Here for the gear.

img-0554.jpg

Hopefully this solves the midi controller and practice instrument and college gig instrument issue all at once. :)

Very nice! Congratulations!!!

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Just got that BBE 882i Sonic Maximizer... makes my JBL 305s even better! For fun I plugged it into my Spacestation... it is a HUGE improvement, most notably in the way it now handles the range of AP & EPs.

So you're saying I need one for live and one for the studio? Looks like it's a bit of a magic box, and not too expensive, eh? Damnit Rod...

So you're saying I need one for live and one for the studio? Looks like it's a bit of a magic box, and not too expensive, eh? Damnit Rod...

They're on at a very good price at Musique Red One Music in Montreal â free shipping and no PST (not that you need to worry in AB "so far.") ;)

Here for the gear.

Hopefully this solves the midi controller and practice instrument and college gig instrument issue all at once. :)

Very nice! Congratulations!!!

Congrat Max on the PC4.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to it.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Congrat Max on the PC4. I took delivery of a YC61 yesterday thanks to fellow forumite Niacin:

4TbyvRZl.jpg

Congrat Max on the PC4. I took delivery of a YC61 yesterday thanks to fellow forumite Niacin:

4TbyvRZl.jpg

That"s a lovely setup. Looks like the yc and the crumar were made for each other!

Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.

They're on at a very good price at Musique Red One Music in Montreal â free shipping and no PST (not that you need to worry in AB "so far.") ;)

I didn"t believe those was around anymore. I remember they was heavily advertising in the start/mid 90"s, then suddenly disappeared. I have often wondered if it was snakeoil or not.

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

Black Lion Audio PG-X Power Conditioner/Power Supply for my rack. The Radial Power-1 unit I had pre-ordered on March 1st isn't expected to be shipping until the end of May now, so that's not an option for me. Cancelled that order, got one of these instead. Only 9 outlets instead of 11 though, so I'll have to supplement it with something else.

0b061e1ecc86831bb9cebbce0ceb2c1732ae8cbe.jpg

257e09ce2a2597e801aa940a15c9234ea33181e0.jpg

iConnectivity mioXL midi interface

mio-XL-WH-front.jpg

mio-XL-wh-rear.jpg

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

mio-XL-WH-front.jpg

mio-XL-wh-rear.jpg

Really interested in your opinion of this box! I have a large-ish MIDI setup, and would like to access it from 2 macs in 2 adjacent rooms, and it looks like this box will do what I"d like.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Really interested in your opinion of this box! I have a large-ish MIDI setup, and would like to access it from 2 macs in 2 adjacent rooms, and it looks like this box will do what I"d like.

It´s good gear which works w/ rtpMIDI ,- but the software editor sometimes sucks.

Seems to be system dependend .. OS and computer hardware and at least w/ Windows.

Unfortunately, for the complex setups, you´d need the editor which is reported to crash more or less often.

A.C.

It´s good gear which works w/ rtpMIDI ,- but the software editor sometimes sucks.

Seems to be system dependend .. OS and computer hardware and at least w/ Windows.

Unfortunately, for the complex setups, you´d need the editor which is reported to crash more or less often.

A.C.

I like the iConnectivity stuff. As A.C. says, the configuration software can be "interesting" at times. Window or Mac

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Should be finished with this hopefully other than a few more cables eventually.

FMR Really Nice Compressor - for limiting spikes when monitoring with headphones

fmr-rnc-1773-really-nice-compressor.jpg

Atlas Sound half-rack power conditioner - should give me enough outlets in combination with the Black Lion Audio PGX. Glad such a thing exists.

519j8e0l-XOL-AC-SL1200.jpg

51-ZSh8ycrf-L-AC-SL1200.jpg

SKB 4U Roto-mold case - the other 4U case I got (a Gator) is just too flimsy for my liking, and also I'd like to be able to stack my 2U shallow SKB case with it, which doesn't work with the Gator. I've been impressed with my 2U SKB's build.

4u-sku-view-image-php.png

And finally, a second Mid-Atlantic UTR1 rack shelf. Liked the other one a lot and I need it for the power conditioner and compressor.

314149.jpg

I bought a Kawai ES-110 for my music room to replace a Kawai MP5, which went to another music room, to replace an ancient Studiologic SL-880. I bought it based on the several favorable reviews and my history with Kawai. I wanted a simple piano with a good action to play Pianoteq and Lounge Lizard. The unit is light and feels "plasticky", but once I settled it onto it's stand and began playing, it began to feel great. The action is smooth as butter, and a joy to play. I'm completely satisfied with this purchase. The pianos are up to Kawai standards, and the rest don't really matter, given my reason for purchasing. I haven't tried the bluetooth yet.

Yamaha P-515, Hammond SK1, Casio PX5s, Motif ES rack, Kawai MP5, Kawai ESS110, Yamaha S03, iPad, and a bunch of stuff in the closet.

Atlas Sound half-rack power conditioner...

519j8e0l-XOL-AC-SL1200.jpg

Great unit. I've been using one for a while.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

4TbyvRZl.jpg

Nice setup! I'm still loving my YC61

:2thu:

Glad to hear David!

I just sold my Studiologic SL88 Studio and Roland A-88mkII and picked up a Studiologic SL88 Grand. Loving it so far!

That Crumar / GM Labs DK61 organ controller might be my next pickup once it's ready. I currently use a Studiologic Numa Organ 2 solely as a controller for B-3X. I also have an old BGMI Hamichord M-C3 that I'm getting ready to unload.

A Nord Electro 6D-73 to replace the Crumar Mojo 61 and 61B combo I bought just last summer. I really wanted to like the Crumar stuff, but decided to move on for a couple of reasons. The first is that I decided that having the additional sounds on the Nord better suits my needs. The second is that it bugged me that the Crumar confines itself to the 61-key range of a Hammond. If you transpose the keyboard down a half-step (as my two main bands do), the lowest C is silent. I can understand traditionalist thinking, but the end result just didn't work for me.

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

It's being discussed a bit in the VB3m thread. Here it is via Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/177045085822655/posts/1565131267014023/

thx ...

not being a FB-member, I cannot read posts or watch pics/vids over there anymore,- unfortunately.

A.C.

Bummer - that's the only place I can find that Guido is posting about it.

Vox AC15C1X tube amp on the way...sprung for the one with the Alnico Blue speaker in it. :rocker:

Not just for the guitars - way psyched to run the Hammond through this bad boy as well.

dB

Those alnicos are lovely with EPs. AC15 is a plus.

If you have a real Clavinet, that's the ultimate funk amp.

You can always press the Not Now box at the bottom of the FB page request to login. I'm not a member either, but can view all Guido's posts and view pics. Crumar.it and go to follow on FB works for me. Joe.

Doesn´t work anymore in my country.

Create account or log in.

A.C.

You can always press the Not Now box at the bottom of the FB page request to login. I'm not a member either, but can view all Guido's posts and view pics. Crumar.it and go to follow on FB works for me. Joe.

Doesn´t work anymore in my country.

Create account or log in.

A.C.

Or just refuse to get sucked in again, and move on.

Here for the gear.

Or this could have simply been done.

Crumar/GM Labs DK61

Crumar-GM-Labs-DK61.png