Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

[dB,- I´ve read the Kali Audio N5 hiss less than the N8 because of an "improvement".

Did you compare both ?

Nope.

I don't go out of my way to A/B anything. I put a product in the space where I need it, and if I like it I keep it.

FWIW, the IN8s are not making any noise that I even notice....but honestly, I'm not looking for it.

dB

O.k. thank you.

A.C.

Korg X5DR

korg-x5dr-1295x522.jpg

korg-x5dr-rear-687x283.jpg

Gator GR-4L rack case from Tonysounds ;)

GR-4-L-8-P1.jpg

Middle Atlantic Products UTR1 rack shelf - hoping I won't have to drill as many holes as I did with the Gator one to make it work.

314149.jpg

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Roland SRX-11 Complete Piano - finally found one that wasn't as screaming high of a price. $283 including shipping from Sweden (so $250 normally). Hoping to add another flavor of piano to my Fantom XR. The SRX-02 seems to have too short of a decay for my liking.'

srx-11-main.jpg

Roland SRX-01 Dynamic Drums - to supplement the XR's drum samples. The stock sounds still use the old JV-80 cymbals which are really, really bad IMO.

srx-01-main.jpg

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I just ordered a Kawai ES920 digital piano for portable piano gigging. I won't have it for probably 3-5 weeks, though during the backorder.

For me -- I needed an 88 key weighted piano that was still portable enough to take out. This gave me the Kawai RH3 triple sensor action and built in speakers in a 37 pound keyboard which checked the boxes for purpose and price point. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Waldorf STVC. Sold a Kingkorg and picked up the STVC unopened box on evilbay. I"ve learnt that I"m not into programming synth patches from scratch (though I have done so occasionally when it"s been necessary and I understand enough to do it), I"d prefer to pull a drawbar or turn a knob as I play and get something musical. I started out on organ. This thing is so much fun. A 2 or 3 manual version would be even better, lol.

[video:youtube]

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

I've been on a little bender. I sold my OB6, and took that money and using a wealth of Amazon dollars, was able to procure a Mellotron Mini for a ridiculously stupid low price. Last week I got a Jupiter X, and last nite I loaded the JD800 expansion pack. I also picked up a little Soundcraft Notepad for a little jam station, idea nook. :D
Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Chandler tube amp plugin. Plugin Alliance has a sale until midnight Pacific time. I was ignoring it and today they sent me a $20 voucher so I got the plugin for $9.95.

Great sounding tube amp, has that dirty clean tone that can be elusive. Sort of Dumble-ish.

I checked out all sorts of other options, compressors, delays, EQs etc, this just had that sound. I'll use it a lot, my other guitar amp plugins have not quite been doing it so far. I was getting better tone using Tech 21 Sansamp hardware going in. I'll still use that but this Chandler is sweet!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Way too many sample libs the past couple months and then yesterday I ordered a refurb kit for my rhodes from VV. I'm just replacing felts, tips, screws, and grommets. I'm thinking after I do that I might do my wurli 200 if I'm feeling brave.

https://www.har.com/homedetail/1123-creekmont-dr-houston-tx-77091/11871046

The formal living room and dining room will be my new studio. :keynana:

The LSU room is straight purple without the furniture, so it has been designated "The Prince Room." Symbol forthcoming.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Adam Sub8 arrived today and have been joining my two Adam A7X monitors.

So far, I need to readjust my ears, then my mixes :crazy:

But it are also great to get some more booom from my keyboards when I wanna go low and dirty :love:

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

Korg MicroKey Air 61. Although the keys are smaller than standard size I find it very easy to play. I use it with my iPad Pro and feel no latency. This keyboard with the iPad Pro is the mini-rig I"ve been looking for; great for travel, yard, couch, boat, etc. â perhaps even rehearsals.

All that"s missing is a good fitting gig bag. I"ve looked but the only one I found is unreasonably expensive.

Korg MicroKey Air 61. Although the keys are smaller than standard size I find it very easy to play. I use it with my iPad Pro and feel no latency. This keyboard with the iPad Pro is the mini-rig I"ve been looking for; great for travel, yard, couch, boat, etc. â perhaps even rehearsals.

All that"s missing is a good fitting gig bag. I"ve looked but the only one I found is unreasonably expensive.

You have to think outside the box with the dimensions of the Korg! This soft bag fits mine perfectly:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0035M1F8Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_9DD5WTR4Z2P6WA0Y2DWQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Used Ableton Push 2 in pristine condition from a local. It really does make using Ableton Live feel much more hands-on than if I were just using a mouse and computer keyboard.

Unflitered Audio Lion and Byome, because one of the devs seems like a friendly dude. After MTS-ESPwas announced, he quickly updated Lion to support it, then it went on sale.

Just purchased a Kurzweil SP1 for $599 at GC. I need a new rehearsal room keyboard. I think it's a great deal.

Yamaha P-515, Hammond SK1, Casio PX5s, Motif ES rack, Kawai MP5, Kawai ESS110, Yamaha S03, iPad, and a bunch of stuff in the closet.

Was turned on by a pro guitarist to this Soundslice course. I was a little hesitant at first because this pro tends to favor "chops building" type lessons but this one teaches the subject material (modes of major, harmonic minor, harmonic major, Hungarian minor, etc.) the way they ought to be taught.

Modal Etudes

https://www.soundslice.com/courses/5261/

I also bought "Arabesque", a lovely piece for pick-style guitar by a Parisian guitarist who is apparently an up-and-coming star over there in Gypsy jazz

https://www.soundslice.com/courses/1843/

[Zoology] Bloom EP guitar transcriptions - Transcriptions of British neosoul guitarist Beau Diako's parts from the Bloom EP. Just more fun rhythm guitar stuff to practice

https://www.soundslice.com/courses/1086/

Might pick up J3PO's Reharms course after I get my Casio CT-S1

img-0554.jpg

Hopefully this solves the midi controller and practice instrument and college gig instrument issue all at once. :)