Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Godwin Guitarorgan (!)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wired frets are a service nightmare. Those wires look no larger than 26ga, being over 40 years old they would corrode and break in the middle - no thanks. The Vox Guitarorgan also used the wired fret concept, as did some guitar MIDI controllers.

I love the labeling of the twelve tone dividers - do re mi fa so la ti do with the five sharps.

A friend had one before I met him. Service nightmare, he was a professional musician and thought it would be a cool addition. Ended up learning to play keyboards, the Guitarorgans were just not user friendly beasts.

That is a super cool looking guitar but... too much switches!!!!!

If you just want to get some freaky tones out of guitar, try a Fishman Triple Play pickup system or Jam Origin software. They wouldn't track as well as a perfectly maintained Guitorgan but they willl be far more reliable.

Probably cheaper to buy another Triple Play than to take a Guitorgan to the shop for anything.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

My cousin had one, in the late 70's. He showed it to me and as teenager's we were both wowed. Not sure if he kept it very long or how he managed to afford it.
Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator