Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Semi OT- Discount on Apple Products

Since many here use Apple products for music production, I'm offering a tip on saving a bit on their rarely-discounted products.

If you have an Amazon Prime account and an Amazon credit card you earn 5% back in rewards points on Prime purchases. I purchased several Ipads and a Macbook Air this way. The Prime prices are normally good, occasionally have a small discount already, and getting an extra 5% makes for a a nice savings.

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since many here use Apple products for music production, I'm offering a tip on saving a bit on their rarely-discounted products.

If you have an Amazon Prime account and an Amazon credit card you earn 5% back in rewards points on Prime purchases. I purchased several Ipads and a Macbook Air this way. The Prime prices are normally good, occasionally have a small discount already, and getting an extra 5% makes for a a nice savings.

If you are using it for education, you can apply for their educational discount and also save big.

On an Mac Book Pro $1299 base you can save $10 and get it for $1289.

Or you could wait until Next Nov/Dec and get an even bigger discount. They really go whole hog and discount by $20, for $1279.

J  a  z  z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

Periodically Adorama has a discount code. As far as I know they are the only place besides Apple where you can get a new Mac mini with the maximum 16 MB RAM.

AppleInsider is a good place to monitor sale prices. The Adorama code is associated with Appleinsider

Only at Adorama use Discount Code: APINSIDER

Best Buy has deals that can be enhanced using their CC and rewards program. The caveat is that you end up buying and spending more than you initially planned in order to take advantage of the deals but the prices you get are worth it as long as you have a use for everything. I managed to use up all the rewards getting everything I wanted, (laptop, travel case, iPad, Apple Pencil and extra tips). Then there was nothing left at Best Buy that interested me. They eventually cancelled my card due to inactivity.

Costco has some products generally $10-30+ less than at Apple.

• 4 months later...

In case someone searches and pulls up this topic,

Adorama has a CC which includes 5% off everything. That can be combined with the promo code APINSIDER so you get $50 off then 5% on top of that. Adorama also offers some products for less than competitors, (this may only be $10 less but it all adds up).

I am adding B&H Photo. If you use their CC they rebate the tax. That can add up to the largest discount on Apple products depending on the total of the transaction before tax. They also offer the 16GB RAM option. The catch is that you start to lose money through interest charged unless you pay off the balance within the first billing cycle. Their CC can only be used at B&H. It is not a universal Visa/MC type of card.

Both Adorama and B&H offer promo 12-month no interest financing. There is an either / or stipulation. You choose between the sales tax rebate or the no interest financing at B&H. You choose no interest financing or the 5% discount at Adorama. The APINSIDER promo code sticks regardless.

Also Costco has a CC with relatively good rewards. You could use the CC for the purchase then at the end of the year when they issue a check all you have to do is buy the least expensive item you want and they give you the balance in cash to use anywhere.

In my area we have Micro Center, which usually has the best Apple deals... except for the customer that wants a Macbook Pro with 1 or 2 TB drive. The ones that Micro Center sells have at most 512GB

This. Micro Center routinely offers 10% or larger discounts, but product selection can be quite limited. It's a bit of a gamble.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music