Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Novation Remote 25 LE - old but $16.50 plus shipping. And 5-pin midi plus class-compliant USB. And battery power. Needed something little for travel, and I'm sure I'll find other uses for it too.

novationremote25le-8-FNAw-WAj-Qf36ha4c2-YL6x-Ci-Ws4-EHox-R9.jpg

And something even older - an E-mu Proteus 1. Should give me plenty to work with for a while now. Might match it with the Novation Remote for now. :)

emu-proteus-1.jpg

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Roland SO-PCM1-08

PCM1-08.jpg

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Found some old stuff on eBay - all of this was before my time lol. A gentleman in Sweden was selling some patch cards for the JV-80/90/1000 from a place called "Sound Source Unlimited". Two of them caught my eye, and no one else cared to bid on them, so I got two of them for $35 apiece.

JV-80-Hybrid-Textures-Card.jpg

JV-80-Animated-Textures-Card.jpg

The gentleman also had one of these for the same price. At that price, why not...

SO-PCM1-03.jpg

Prof, that's awesome! That's your main sound, right? So you bided your time with the SV-1 until you were ready for the Queen. I'm jealous! :)

Brotha Joe P, Rhodes is my main sound. The SV-1 will continue to serve me well because it has a variety of EPs. :thu:

I just bought a near mint condition 1981 Rhodes Mark II Stage Piano. :2thu::cool:

Fixed. ;):wave:

Brotha Dave, I didn't get the beer subscription service. :laugh:

KC never mind us...we have a running joke. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Kurzweil K1200 Professional

I've been looking for one of these for a while. Found this at a Guitar Center and they shipped it to my house... VERY good packing job.

It is very very clean condition no signs of gig abuse. This is for those events when I need something simple with good bread-n-butter sounds (including that famous piano) and don't need my MIDI system. Why this thirty year old beast? One, these are CHEAP. Two, since it is a derivative product of my rackmount 1000 ROMplers (it's a Kurzweil Pro I with a keyboard), I can use my sounds I already developed and I don't need to learn a new interface. Three, after being frustrated with stiff and/or sluggish action on new DPs I decided to try an older DP and this has decent action. Four, I already have schematics (same innards as the 1000 rackmount ROMplers.).

It's old enough that it doesn't have on board filters or DSP effects, but I don't need them. These seem to last pretty well and I haven't read of any chronic problems with this model.

kurzweil-k1200-4023.jpg

I've been looking for one of these for a while. Found this at a Guitar Center and they shipped it to my house... VERY good packing job.

It is very very clean condition no signs of gig abuse. This is for those events when I need something simple with good bread-n-butter sounds (including that famous piano) and don't need my MIDI system. Why this thirty year old beast? One, these are CHEAP. Two, since it is a derivative product of my rackmount 1000 ROMplers (it's a Kurzweil Pro I with a keyboard), I can use my sounds I already developed and I don't need to learn a new interface. Three, after being frustrated with stiff and/or sluggish action on new DPs I decided to try an older DP and this has decent action. Four, I already have schematics (same innards as the 1000 rackmount ROMplers.).

It's old enough that it doesn't have on board filters or DSP effects, but I don't need them. These seem to last pretty well and I haven't read of any chronic problems with this model.

kurzweil-k1200-4023.jpg

Nice! I see those come up once in a while. I've been on an "old rompler" kick lately. Is GC pretty good about packing things in general?

Picked up a Kronos 2 73 today. A little disappointed in myself that I missed a couple of sticky keys. The guy even told me he'd bought it used from GC! I should've spent more time playing it. I did get a good deal on it, so even if I have to put a little $ in it, it's not the end of the world...but I seem to be losing my touch!

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

E-mu PROformance Plus. Found it on Reverb, but the seller turned out to be local to me so we skipped shipping.

B77-E51-E8-83-CD-4-F6-B-B1-D9-2859-E611-E778.jpg

Just picked up a Roland Fantom XR and an E-mu Mo'Phatt for $550 plus shipping.

Fantom-XR.jpg

E-mu-Mo-Phatt.jpg

How? Someone was emptying their rack it seems and sold them as a package. I made an offer because the starting bid was $425, and the seller accepted it. I liked the Fantom X and Fantom G years ago when I was a kid, so I'm kind of looking forward to this. :)

(seller's pic)

Fantom-XR-and-Mo-Phatt-Rack.jpg

I may be getting the rack bug...sadly almost no one makes them anymore.

Just upgraded the Arturia Stage 73 V and Jup-8 V. I did not bite on V-Collection 8 when the upgrade was offered over VC-7, but recently discovered I was eligible to upgrade these two instruments for $29 each. When I went to purchase, some coupon was applied and it actually cost me less than $30 for both!

The Rhodes is a huge turnaround. The prior version was pretty much unplayable, lacking dynamics and agreeable sound. The new version is a whole new instrument that is a joy to play.

As for the Jupiter, I did the upgrade because of the price and the accolades it's received here. I've never been a Jupiter user and really have no attachment to it, so it will take a while to get to know it and how best to use it.

Maybe sort of music related, maybe not, depending on whether I can find some editors and interface stuff for my older synths to work with this.

Power Macintosh 5500/250.

130014906-1800x1135-1000000000-CENTER-FFFFFF.jpg

kurzweil-k1200-4023.jpg

I"ve had one of these for several years. I"ve played around with programming it. On the acoustic piano, I changed the envelopes so that it doesn"t fade out. It was interesting to hear the raw samples. I found one patch that had an interesting chorusing effect. I couldn"t find out where the parameters are to do it, so I tried selecting different waveforms to get some interesting sounds.

Got the Crumar Mojo module...

I have struggled with it honestly. I edit quite a bit...can not for the life of me understand why anyone would put up with external editing.

The leslie sim is also perplexing. It seems like it is striving for miked character but so far I can't seem to keep it from significantly altering organ tone

May wind up on garage sale. Thought I would give it a chance with so many die hard Mojo fans.

4u 18" rack case in White Bronco with black hardware, spring recessed handles, and lids from Casesmith Customs.

Recenty bought my second Roland Alpha Juno 2 in mint condition, custom made case included. The bender was broken. Replaced it with a spare I had on shelf. Amazing analogue synth, highly underrated. Sounds spectacular with a Lexicon LXP1. Best synth keyboard action in my arsenal too. I am using it with a Stereoping Synth Controller which I might upgrade to a Retroaktiv MPG50 controller. And I am constantly looking for a MKS50. Love the Juno sound.

1869.thumb.jpg.68d8a7e22a9f2fadf5501dea7df13125.jpg

1870.thumb.jpg.4dbd5dc2744b3ad99037f90c07179ef4.jpg

LIFE IS SHORT, GO GET THE GEAR YOU WANT ;-)

Recenty bought my second Roland Alpha Juno 2 [...] Best synth keyboard action in my arsenal too. I am using it with a Stereoping Synth Controller which I might upgrade to a Retroaktiv MPG50 controller. And I am constantly looking for a MKS50. Love the Juno sound.
Aah, my first synth! It is a lovely action, I agree.

Cheers, Mike.

Roland JV-1010 - $51.80 including shipping from a reputable keyboardist. ;)