Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Virtual KC NAMM/Believe in Music Week Hang

[sorry I didn't post this sooner. Life and all that. No credit to Mike Martin for reminding me. He had one job⦠:taz:]

We'll use the following Zoom meeting link: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/94185593517 or you can enter the meeting ID 941 8559 3517 upon firing up Zoom.

You will need a password to enter because bots like to scrape the internet for open Zoom meeting links and ruin everyone's day.

The password is "clonk" with a capital C and a zero in place of the letter o.

As usual, it's on now, but we should set up formal time(s) so that we can plan to meet up like is usually done this week in Anaheim. (I should know. I've been to NAMM once so therefore I'm an expert.)

I haven't looked at the BIM Week schedule, so I don't know what might work and if there are things going on we should schedule around. What do you guys say? I've heard tomorrow (Tuesday) as well as Thursday. We also should pick a time. I'm blanking, please help me out.

One more thing. Even if you haven't registered for or aren't participating in BIM Week, whether you care about a music gear trade show or gear in general (and who on this place does?), you are welcome and invited to join the hang. Please drop in for a few minutes or as long as you have a working internet connection. Just don't do it while your driving. That's what spouses are for.

Yet Another Thing. Since it's on all the time, we can treat it like bumping into each other at NAMM. Drop in any time, you might run into someone.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some specific times or smaller windows of times would be great. Seems like over the holiday ever time I joined no one was on. (Hmmm. Maybe that was a sign. Just kidding.)

Joe - thanks again for coordinating!!

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Some specific times or smaller windows of times would be great. Seems like over the holiday ever time I joined no one was on.

That's what I'm asking for.

How about tomorrow (Tuesday) evening or Thursday evening?

Let's say 5 pm Eastern both nights. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm open. In any case, see you guys tonight and Thursday!

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Let's do it. If anyone wants to pop in tomorrow at 5 eastern, that's fine too.

if anyone popped in Thursday night, I'm sorry for not being there. I joined a research study for one of the COVID-19 vaccines, got a shot on Wednesday and was fine until I went to bed. Then my ass was kicked and Thursday was a recovery day. I'm still a little off but better.

I hope to see some of you tonight!

I am glad I made the effort to stay up late and see you all .... so cool to see so many KC ers contained in one small screen.....( not to mention pretty amazing to actually have something to do on a Friday night....) :) Apologies if I was talking gobbledegook....my brain had long since gone to bed.... ð¤¯
"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

I think last night was one of the best virtual hangs we have had so far. We had several new faces and some who haven't been around here much lately attended as well.

Just remember all KCers and associates are welcome, whether you post regularly, lurk, or whatever. We will probably have another one of these scheduled hangs in February. Meanwhile, if you leave the hang open in the background on your computer, you might run into someone. It's always open for you-all.

I am glad I made the effort to stay up late and see you all .... so cool to see so many KC ers contained in one small screen.....( not to mention pretty amazing to actually have something to do on a Friday night....) :) Apologies if I was talking gobbledegook....my brain had long since gone to bed.... ð¤¯

Was fun to see you there, Anne. Didn't notice any gobbledegook from you, but that's likely because mine went into a far differrent universe; very evident during the Zappa conversation :laugh:

Great to see everyone last night! The gear geek-out was awesome: I started recalling keyboards that I previously hadn't remembered owning..

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I had the best time, considering I was late and didn"t join until after midnight Eastern time. I had a few drinks in me by that time, so hopefully I wasn"t too incoherent! Great reconnecting 'face to face' with Sven for the first time since 2007! Great to see everyone else and hope to see you soon!

Sorry everyone, I was exhausted. I spent 9 hours day each day in front of the camera and computer doing live NAMM related streams or private demos for dealers. I fell asleep around 9:00 CST last night so I missed the whole thing.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.