Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Joel-la-ladiwho.. wa?

:crazy:

my 1st real Hammond B3 console experience 1969:

I know some folks here may enjoy this so I'm posting, I am enjoying it too but it was just an event in my life when I was a kid that I never tied to anything really...

So here I sit at a very ripe old age ( Route 66 for me) and I'm talking with a friend who is a bit older than me by 5 from the the 60's about this old hippie club in downtown Flushing Queens NY (Flushing was a Dutch town originally) in 1968/69 called '17 Steps' (muy importate the name) and we start talking about the Hammond B3 there, which was actually the 1st B3 I ever playing in my life in 1969 having had an M3 at the time or just about to.I was told today that that B3 was bought from Billy Joel by my friends keyboard player at the time ...I believe my friend worked with Billy actually then in those days a bit before Billy hit... and that that was the organ used on the 'Atilla' album... I was 15 in '69. And I do believe it did in fact have a direct out (Trek II OBL-2 or facsimile) also (Wa Wa/effects below in album) , but no reverb in the organ (like a Trek II etc) or Leslie which bugged me, I like a a small reverb tail .. Leslie needed a bit of work when I got to it I remember and may have run direct (can't remember) and it had been sitting on that stage for any band to use for a while in a hot late 1960 R & R club...my friends band opting to leave it there being they were the house band of sorts then...My band had Booker T and the MG's as part of the setlist 'Time is Tight' and 'Green Onions'... I was a happy boy" that night in 1969...underage, drink in hand and playing ' Booker T. on Atilla.. :laugh::crazy::whistle:;). [video:youtube]

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Joe... yeah!

Teen spirit and the spirit of the 60's..they were good times!

B3's went along with them... no I savored that experience...I was the kid in the band, I was lucky in the late 60's to play with older bandmates

so I was a little ahead of my years Joe... by about 3 in that experience! And my older brother, a drummer had been practicing bands at the house since '63..and he was out gigging in '66, saw a lot of the 60's through music ...studied in the early 60's 4 years or so..I am as old as rock and roll 1954.

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122