Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Unexpected Local Practice Opportunity

Our State Government has just announced a six-day 'circuit breaker' in response to a small COVID-19 spike.

- All shops shut apart from supermarkets, service (gas) stations and booze shops.

- All schools closed (my youngest thrilled to have his psych exam cancelled. I told him it was a test to monitor his reaction).

- one person per day may leave the house but only for essential activities such as grocery shopping or medical emergency. Or buying alcohol.

- if leaving the home a mask must be worn.

- no outdoor exercise allowed.

I"m nearly out of viable avenues for procrastination. Thank goodness for KC.

Those vocal harmonies I"m working on for my band may finally get transcribed.

1567.thumb.jpg.4073a5e4465e43c020c39b804f468359.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to Florida, everything goes!

I must say the "no outdoor exercise" is ridiculous. Other than that, that list is what should be happening here, but won't because reasons.

I'm also working on music more now, lemonade from lemons as best I can.

I applaud your positive attitude, my friend. Trying to get there myself. Had to officially cancel the planned family Thanksgiving today, and while everyone was on the same page with it being "disappointing but necessary," I'm feeling a little bummed out. Maybe it's time to start tracking that solo record...

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

This time of year gets a lot of people in the best of times, as well. Falling leaves, colder temps--I love it (here in FLA I only get a minor version of it, in fact this is BY FAR our best weather time of the year) but it just has that sad nostalgia thing happening. Closest to having a true "winter" I've ever lived in was in TN for a few years, and the gray days can get to you.

I must say the "no outdoor exercise" is ridiculous.
Agree. My country has had one of the worst pandemic responses in the world, but one thing they got right is that you can leave home to exercise. That's kept me sane and healthy.

Hope this post is the right side of the "no politics" rule.

Cheers, Mike

Here in the UK we may be "permitted" to see people from 2 other households for Christmas (if we are good), however, apparently we may be imprisoned for January as penance for our good fortune.

Plenty of opportunity then for vocal practice - probably resembling screaming. Not sure if we'll be limited to doing this indoors or out at the moment.

Edit: Don't get me started on masks....

Just the same, you wouldn"t want to be in our COVID situation here in the US. Count your blessings and be glad you"re alive and well. And, go practice.

Kawai KG-2C, Nord Stage 3 73, Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2x, Moog Voyager and Little Phatty Stage II, Slim Phatty, Roland Lucina AX-09, Hohner Piano Melodica, Spacestation V3, pair of QSC 8.2s.

Yeah, that no exercise thing would kill me. It's the one thing that's kept me sane. I need to get out of the house regularly. Not that there's anything wrong with the house, but 1300 ft^2 ain't gonna cut it. The cats can deal with it, I can't.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI