Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

2515902552_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

:waitwhat::love:

dB

I know, right?!?

Get a Shubb bar that fits between the fingers and has a rounded end and a volume pedal and it's an entirely new world to explore and express.

Way prettier than my "Disaster Framus" too, see attache photo...

1554.thumb.jpg.2b624cc598c41604b5a0ee8615f6d73f.jpg

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I know, right?!?

Get a Shubb bar that fits between the fingers and has a rounded end and a volume pedal and it's an entirely new world to explore and express.

Thanks! Yes, I may have bought some accessories with it, per the attached picture ...

1559.thumb.jpg.7127bc7c10d2e246fd89b08986d8c00e.jpg

I know, right?!?

Thanks! Yes, I may have bought some accessories with it, per the attached picture ...

It looks just like the bar I have, they are nice bars for lap steel. Your other toys should serve you well.

Somehow, David Lindley has played up here in little Bellingham twice since I've been here.

I don't think there is anybody better on lap steel, amazing musician! Keeps ya humble...

Bought an old Oberheim Strummer. Let's see how long that will last :cool:

You mean this thing? :laugh:

[video:youtube]

No, seriously, the Oberheim sounds like fun. It's a shame there are no useful demos on YouTube.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

It looks just like the bar I have, they are nice bars for lap steel. Your other toys should serve you well.

Somehow, David Lindley has played up here in little Bellingham twice since I've been here.

I don't think there is anybody better on lap steel, amazing musician! Keeps ya humble...

Ha, my uncle just shared some David Lindley YouTube videos with me, amazing stuff. That's quite a high bar (ha!) for lap / pedal steel playing!

This is kind of boring, though necessary...I had a 10+ year old Shure wireless IEM rig and was notified about two years ago that the FCC was taking over the frequencies of my unit and it would ultimately become obsolete by 2020-2021 (or I guess I'd start hearing air traffic controllers or something in the background, LOL). Shure had offered a dumb rebate to return the equipment and buy new (I think it was like $250 towards a $1k+ unit). I decided not to use the rebate and keep using my old one.

Not long ago I went ahead and ordered the replacement Shure PSM 900 Wireless Personal Monitor System so I now have the latest and greatest wireless frequencies in my live rig. I put the old unit at our band's rehearsal space, so I now have a functional wireless IEM rig there as well. Way better than using a wired setup.

It will be interesting to see if/when the older unit becomes useless due to FCC frequency takeover.

I know, right?!?

Dying to try one of these. I especially wanna run ith through my Leslie/Spider rig.

I found a cheap one for $100 on Amazon, so I bought it. If I like it as much as I think, I'll get a better one.

Another demonstration of how quickly and easily this forum costs me $. :hider:

dB

P.S. I bought the Shubb as well. :w00t:

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I know, right?!?

Dying to try one of these. I especially wanna run ith through my Leslie/Spider rig.

I found a cheap one for $100 on Amazon, so I bought it. If I like it as much as I think, I'll get a better one.

Another demonstration of how quickly and easily this forum costs me $. :hider:

dB

P.S. I bought the Shubb as well. :w00t:

Part of the fun is laptops don't really get much better as you spend more. My Disaster-Framus has a bridge made by drilling two holes through a big, thick-walled deep socket screwing it directly to the plank. It sustains forever, got the "bridge" at a pawn shop for 75 cents or so.

The reality is if you can drill six holes for tuning machines you can build a great laptop out of a piece of old fence, part of a table top or just about any plank or chunk of material that's handy. A good pickup doesn't hurt but anything will work.

A spark plug socket is a classic slide bar too and a good one. The Shubb is better though.

I just bought Native Instrument's Cinematic: Session Strings 2. It's an 11 piece strings orchestra that will eventually help me to emulate a real orchestra, when the pop artist i play with won't have the real thing on gigs.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/cinematic/session-strings-2/

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

A spark plug socket is a classic slide bar too and a good one. The Shubb is better though.

The blues are more accurate using a spark plug. :cool:

Or a genuine bottleneck. I made one once, did the string soaked in kerosene, snap the neck off and grind the edges smooth on concrete ( rock would work too and was probably the original tool). It broke, gone.

Ive been looking for a fretless bass for a while, 2 years maybe, nothing really extravagant, but since I used to play fretless exclusively for a while, I have preferences: Jazz bass, rosewood (dark, not that pale stuff), EMGs (preferably) and Badass or Hipshot bridge. A few weeks back i stumbled on one with all of the above on the MusicGoRound site, so I pulled the trigger. I also stumbled on an early 80s Ibanez Musician 8string bass, which I also bought. I owned this model back in 84, and i was able to score it for the same price I paid 36 years ago. :D

I just bought one of those Spark amps after a number of recommendations. :D

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Ive been looking for a fretless bass for a while, 2 years maybe, nothing really extravagant, but since I used to play fretless exclusively for a while, I have preferences: Jazz bass, rosewood (dark, not that pale stuff), EMGs (preferably) and Badass or Hipshot bridge. A few weeks back i stumbled on one with all of the above on the MusicGoRound site, so I pulled the trigger. I also stumbled on an early 80s Ibanez Musician 8string bass, which I also bought. I owned this model back in 84, and i was able to score it for the same price I paid 36 years ago. :D

I just bought one of those Spark amps after a number of recommendations. :D

Nice stuff!!!! I've got my fretless bass strung with Rotosound Trubass strings, they won't grind away your fretboard but are much more lively sounding than roundwounds.

Photos attached, the bass on the floor is current iteration. I'm with you on the EMG pickups but I use the P bass one. Also Schaller tuners and bridge. I remember the Badass bass bridges, great stuff. Have not seen the Hipshot yet but they have good products. The other shot is the same bass when it still had frets and an EMG Jazz pickup, that is a much younger me playing bass for one night as part of Bo Diddley's pickup band - my all time favorite gig. Crappy photo but I'm glad to have it. Cheers, Kuru

1568.thumb.jpg.eaaa59cc7186915c0c9cef0abb92669e.jpg

1569.thumb.jpg.c7a7b935eaab24f82b90ef38db1cee6f.jpg

I ordered a Cyclone IC rom chip to try swapping between the 2 but the Strummer is more appealing to me.

With none of those capabilities in my current synths/setup, I'm hoping to make good use of it.

I am having bad acid flashbacks right now. I mean REALLY bad. When you pop that ROM in, if you ever do, Rod, let me know which software version it is? TL;DR -- 1.0 is disastrously awful, 1.2 is just about usable most of the time, and 1.4 is actually pretty solid but rare as hens' teeth.

I want to say so much more about these boxes but I won't in this thread. Elsewhere! Elsewhere!

Oh, and on topic: not including iOS apps (a neverending flood of them), my last purchase was a little TC Electronic Hall Of Fame Mini 2. My current plan is to run it through the main insert in the audio path of my Arturia MatrixBrute, with the box itself located right next to the keyboard on the stand. That way, I can move my left hand just a hair to the left of the pitch bender and use the MASH button to bring in reverb blooms as part of performance technique. We'll see if it works.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Rod, let me know which software version it is? TL;DR -- 1.0 is disastrously awful, 1.2 is just about usable most of the time, and 1.4 is actually pretty solid but rare as hens' teeth.

The OS should be 1.2 AFAIK... interestingly, there's an added 32K of memory for the Strummer

Had planned using my year end budget for a Prophet 10, but got sidetracked digging for used gear deals. In the last two weeks, instead of the P10 picked up these:

Yamaha VL1M

Yamaha FS1R

Kawai K5M

Kawai K5000S

Behringer BCR2000

Manny

People assume timbre is a strict progression of input to harmonics, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timbrally-wimbrally... stuff

Arturia FX Collection

iZotope Holiday Bundle

The element series bundle?

? :)

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

Had planned using my year end budget for a Prophet 10, but got sidetracked digging for used gear deals. In the last two weeks, instead of the P10 picked up these:

Yamaha VL1M

Yamaha FS1R

Kawai K5M

Kawai K5000S

Behringer BCR2000

Manny

I miss my K5000S sometimes. I wish I had a place to put one, I'll bet they're pretty easy to find at a good price.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music