Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy birthday, Sam! And Virtual KC Hang This Weekend?

Happy birthday, Sam! Go buy yourself some more gear! :D

We'll use the following Zoom meeting link: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/94185593517 or you can enter the meeting ID 941 8559 3517 upon firing up Zoom.

You will need a password to enter because bots like to scrape the internet for open Zoom meeting links and ruin everyone's day.

The password is "clonk" with a capital C and a zero in place of the letter o.

The Zoom room for the KC Virtual Hang is still up, do you guys want to do another?

Here's the scoop. It's on now, and unless Sam turns it off, it will be on all weekend. So you can feel free to join when you want. But, some people wanted times set up so they know when to look for others. I'll propose some times, and if you have better ideas, please say so.

We seem to have three primary locations (and I know these are broad swaths, so suggest something else if you have a better idea), Europe, North America, and Australia.

North America is easy, we can shoot for mostly Friday afternoon/evening. Say 4 pm ET on?

Europe is next easiest. 10 am ET is 4 pm in Rome, 3 pm in London. Thereabouts seems like a good starting time for them, and joinable for some in North America as well.

Now for Australia. Err⦠10 am ET is midnight in Sydney & Melbourne. So 4 pm down there is 2 am here. No wonder I never see you guys.

Let me know what you think.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe, thank you so much! My brother and his partner are staying with us for a little while (and helping celebrate my birthday today), but I'm sure I can hop in to one or more of those sessions. It will be nice to chat... and I can join in from the studio. Maybe that will give me an excuse to mic up the Leslie...

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Hap-py birth-day, to youuuu,

Hap-py birth-day, to youuuu.

Hap-py birth-day, to Sam-meee,

Hap-py birth-day, to you!

Hap-py birth-day, to youuuu,

Hap-py birth-day, to youuuu.

Hap-py birth-day, to Sam-meee,

Hap-pppppy birth-day, tooooo youuuuuuuuu!

...... hands are now clean! :D

Here for the gear.

The time has come! Well, for some of us anyway.

We'll use the following Zoom meeting link: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/94185593517 or you can enter the meeting ID 941 8559 3517 upon firing up Zoom.

You will need a password to enter because bots like to scrape the internet for open Zoom meeting links and ruin everyone's day.

The password is "clonk" with a capital C and a zero in place of the letter o.

North America is easy, we can shoot for mostly Friday afternoon/evening. Say 4 pm ET on?

Europe is next easiest. 10 am ET is 4 pm in Rome, 3 pm in London. Thereabouts seems like a good starting time for them, and joinable for some in North America as well.

Now for Australia. Err⦠10 am ET is midnight in Sydney & Melbourne. So 4 pm down there is 2 am here. No wonder I never see you guys.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

I'll have to join one of these sometime when I'm not super busy. What do we actually do during them?

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I'll have to join one of these sometime when I'm not super busy. What do we actually do during them?
Shout about gear, mostly... not too different from what we do on the forum, honestly.

We talked a while about food and wine (and COVID) this afternoon :laugh:

It's okay, I have family in town so I actually missed most of the party myself (though I did get to see a few of you for a bit, which was nice).

Again soon. As the days get shorter and the weather cooler (at least in my neck of the, er, globe) the company and conversation is most welcome.

Samuel B. Lupowitz