Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT? OK, this is pretty cool

The green dots on this Google Earth represent a radio station anywhere in the world.

Click on any one of the dots and you will immediately listen to that station with very good sound. I especially liked Dublin, halfway up Ireland's east coast, with Irish pub music. Any of you who are multi-lingual will certainly enjoy this.

http://radio.garden/live/toulouse/radiopresence

I got this in my inbox this am and thought I'd share in case anyone else needed a time wasting COVID pastime.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

way cool. I have no idea what I'm listening to now. Sounds like Scottish folk rock with bagpipes. This is gonna be a huge time waster. Gotta share. Now it just morphed into some kinda Spanish pop.
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Too late for an edit, but I'm going to change my OP characterization from "time wasting" to "time consuming". Today I spent some time in Scotland, Ibiza, New Zealand, Belize and Rockport Maine and didn't regret a minute of it.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Wow, the Internet now sucks 7% less! I didn't think it was possible. That's a welcome way to get out of town for some serious musical growth. Great find!

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

How cool! Uh there's a radio station in Avalon Catalina. Clicked on it and it's playing 'Burn Down The Mission' by Elton. Day is off to a great start over here!

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Interesting, in the part of Ireland where my ancestors came from (Connacht and southeastern Ireland) there is some weird Technics keyboard sounding folk pop music.
Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

I found Indonesian radio. There was a version of a traditional song I knew I couldn"t even find on Shazam.
Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.