Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Has Soundcloud pro turned into the Hotel California?

I thought I asked you this... did you attempt to cancel your Pro membership within the 30 day window ?

Or where you beyond the 30 days ?

Even if it was day 35, most co's would accept the cancel.

I am beyond 30 days and should be able to cancel any time, as stated here:

88-E59-C16-0579-4029-B519-4-DA685-B3-A44-D.jpg

Sounds easy and great doesn"t it?..... Except it doesn't work.

The thirty day thing is only relevant if you are asking for a refund - which I am not.

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently have a SC Pro account. Just for kicks, I tried to cancel (I meet all the criteria as xKnuckles.

I get the same run around and inability.

I checked out their Twitter feed, and it is FULL of people trying to cancel, and every reply from SC is the same "please go to our website..."

A few people did get a "ticket", but then it went no where. SC reply to those people "please go to our website and submit a ticket..."

Bad business model.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Sorry for the troubles, xKnuckles, but I appreciate the warning about SC. It means I won't be giving them any of my moneyâ¦

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I currently have a SC Pro account. Just for kicks, I tried to cancel (I meet all the criteria as xKnuckles.

I get the same run around and inability.

I checked out their Twitter feed, and it is FULL of people trying to cancel, and every reply from SC is the same "please go to our website..."

A few people did get a "ticket", but then it went no where. SC reply to those people "please go to our website and submit a ticket..."

Bad business model.

Thanks for doing that Dave - I appreciiate it. Always good to know that one is not being personally targeted.

Sorry for the troubles, xKnuckles, but I appreciate the warning about SC. It means I won't be giving them any of my moneyâ¦

Always happy to help, Joe. :D

So, there have now been some developments in this unsavoury saga... My (glowing and wondrous) credit card company has contacted me to confirm that no money will ever be sent again, and if Soundcloud were to attempt to get its hands on any more, they would ensure that I got a refund. :)

I also had an email from Soundcloud. I got a bit excited. Maybe this would be the moment for them to attempt to placate an extremely disgruntled, annoyed and fuming customer....... Maybe they would take the opportunity to proudly announce that my subscription has been cancelled as requested and they hope they could be of service in the future.... and maybe they would also take the opportunity to apologize for the lamentable state of their website and the time they have caused me to waste in attempting to sort this out...

But - needless to say, the email did not attempt to do any of those things. Instead it - can you guess??????........................... - was sent to WARN ME that if I do not renew then my subscription will end in two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The subject of the email was "Renew today....." :redwall::rawk::redwall::rawk::redwall::rawk:

Soundcloud been on financial shaky ground for a few years now and from this thread is blocking people from leaving to keep money flowing in. I just hope people have backup copies of everything they store on soundcloud in case their account is closed and wiped by SC.