Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gordon Mote

I could have put this in the Pig Robbins post, 'cause they touched on his playing, but this is so good on so many levels, I wanted to break it out.

Some, playing, some talk, a little preachin', but worth your time. His hands don't look like they're playing what he's playing sometimes, but he's a monster, I can swear to it!

[video:youtube]

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't play for me- error message.

Edited- thanks to Elmer for embedding it below- and esp. to Steve Nathan for making us aware of him. Loved it, too (and the preaching didn't hurt me, either).

It's a cliche, to me, that a musician can play a couple notes that make you WOW, he's GOT it! But that's exactly how I reacted to 13.56, with that soulful country feel. I would spend money I don't have to be in a room with him and learn. And hope to have some of that spirit and vibe rub off.

Love the talk, his personal philosophy of listening to everything, learning from everything even "if it's not your personal cup of tea" (or maybe you think it isn't until you get into it!). Great sense of rhythm and a very dynamic player. The hands - ooof, brutal to watch the wrist shape, this would be painful for me, I don't have the meat around them to take this approach. And of course, he's got a 5th finger - looks useable from here, can't hurt to try it out. ;) But I'm very interested, will look for more!

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Tom Bukovac's daily videos (along with Lee Sklar's) have been one of the few bright spots during the quarantine for me. Even though I don't play guitar, I have watched every one. He talks a lot of guitar, but also a lot of inside baseball on the session scene in Nashville and just good, solid advice on musicianship.

Every time he mentioned Gordon in prior videos, I would comment and ask Tom to feature him in a video, especially after Tom's Bryan Sutton interview. Gordon is one of my favorite players, so I very much enjoyed learning from him in Tom's video.

Also getting the error message (on multiple browsers). Would appreciate getting just the link so I can see if that will open.

Thanks

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Also getting the error message (on multiple browsers). Would appreciate getting just the link so I can see if that will open.

Thanks

oooh, I get to have my first Sven moment. It was easy enough to search Youtube to find it.

Jerry

I don't know why the vid wouldn't play??? I cut and pasted the url right from YT.

Thanks to whoever fixed/found it.

Gordon's a monster player and a sweet guy too. Long a fan.

Thanks, I just realized that Elmer didn't post a link to it, he posted the actual video which does play. Late evening now, plan to listen tomorrow.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

I saw an ad that he was appearing at a small church in Atlanta. Knowing him through the Gaither Homecoming series, I made sure I attended. He was solo with a Yamaha Motif XS8, and he played and sang and conducted a worship service. His playing was phenomenal. Afterward, he was at the door meeting people and selling records. I got to talk with him at some length, and I asked him about his piano style. He didn't have a lot of theory behind it, just playing his music as it had evolved over the years. He was most gracious, genuine, and humble. I would love to take lessons from him.

Yamaha P-515, Hammond SK1, Casio PX5s, Motif ES rack, Kawai MP5, Kawai ESS110, Yamaha S03, iPad, and a bunch of stuff in the closet.