Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Native Instruments Summer of Sale is on...

NI is doing their annual 50% off updates & upgrades for the packages and this year are doing hardware bundles.

I am not taking any offers this time around since the only thing that's aimed at me at this point is Komplete 12 Ultimate to Collectors Edition at 1/2 price for the upgrade.

I do really like Noire piano, Picked Acoustic and some of the new instruments, but I predict those will roll into Komplete 13 for next year's summer sale. There's no deals on individual instruments as far as I can see. It's still a great time to move from one package to the next, though.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it took me a couple years of sale-watching but I finally got Komplete 12 last year (mainly for Kontakt, but there's a lot of good stuff). I first got the select half off, then had to wait quite a while to get the select-to-standard upgrade half off. Being a person who hates buying things not on sale is a hassle I tell you. Life is short!

Ultimate is a wonderful set, though. I'm not saying there aren't a couple of dogs here and there, but it is a very nice luxury in life.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Yep, they know what they are doing to entice you to upgrade :) There's a couple things in Ultimate I'd really like. I've spent on a few other non-NI products over the past year though (Repro, Diva among them) and I really have no excuse whatsoever to be making some music...I've decided to hold steady. Seeing big sales on cool Kontakt libraries in my email doesn't help either. It certainly isn't my tools holding me back!

I have some NI products, use them and like them.

I am a "sale buzzard" but have more than blown my studio budget on microphones. I guess I'll wait for the next round of sales, been getting plugin offers from IK, Eventide and others as well.

So much great stuff but too much is overwhelming!!!!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Not sure how steady I can hold. The sales are coming in. Do I need Barrage (a percussion and epic drums Kontakt instrument)? No. Would I have fun with it? Very likely. And it's 80% off....argh.

"Sales buzzard" is a great term. How many shirts have I bought that I don't *really* like, but they were on the clearance rack...meanwhile I put back that one I really like because it's full price.

I try to explain to my wife that making music is my art, but getting the price I want, buying and selling and making deals on gear is my sport. I never met a B-stock, Craigslist sale, or Reverb find that I wouldn"t walk away from over a few nickels. I don"t know why but I bet lots of us are the same.

Does Native Instruments hover have sales on their full versions? I"ve never used Komplete, but I would now be interested if it was discounted.

Yamaha Montage M6, Nord Stage 4 - 88, Hammond SK-Pro 73, Yamaha YC-73, Mainstage, Yamaha U1 Upright

Does Native Instruments hover have sales on their full versions? I"ve never used Komplete, but I would now be interested if it was discounted.

That's what the sale is primarily - click the link... :)

As I mentioned, they (used to at least) break up their sales. One time it'll be on upgrades, another on products. So my plan actually worked out, I got the Select version half off, then the upgrade to Full version half off, and I want to say it cost me less than just getting Komplete 12 full version half off. It also made me wait a while though, and I had to use some amount of effort researching all this and looking out for the sales :D

I try to explain to my wife that making music is my art, but getting the price I want, buying and selling and making deals on gear is my sport. I never met a B-stock, Craigslist sale, or Reverb find that I wouldn"t walk away from over a few nickels. I don"t know why but I bet lots of us are the same.

I'm the same way. I'll hem and haw and agonize over some instrument or gear that's 10 bucks more than I think it "should" be. Then I go out to lunch someplace and spend 15 bucks when I could have brought a peanut butter sandwich to work that day. I did the math on how much I've saved eating at home since March...it's a lot.

Heck I'm doing it now waiting for a guitar center coupon so I can pick up an ES110--though in fairness that's saving over 130 bucks so I feel pretty justified! I had it in my cart in march, the coupon applied and I stupidly didn't complete it, now I have to wait.

I must be missing something. All the full versions seem to be at the regular price. It looks like it"s only updates and upgrades that are on sale.

Yamaha Montage M6, Nord Stage 4 - 88, Hammond SK-Pro 73, Yamaha YC-73, Mainstage, Yamaha U1 Upright

I must be missing something. All the full versions seem to be at the regular price. It looks like it"s only updates and upgrades that are on sale.

Sales on full versions by any plugin software company are usually related to the upgrade cycle. As an example, when SampleTank 4 for was being prepared for release, SampleTank 3 went on sale for a huge discount and I got it. It wasn't too many months and an upgrade to the basic version of SampleTank 4 came out. I upgraded and it runs all of my SampleTank 3 instruments plus all the free ones that come with the newer free SampleTank 4 version. So I have the much improved performance of SampleTank4 and more sounds than I know what to do with for around $150 in two installments. NI does similar sales for simiar reasons although I find them to be much better for providing free updates to plugins to keep them current. NI doesn't tend to install everything and disable most of it the way IK does, although they did do a bit of that with Guitar Rig.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.