Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's Hear It: Your Instrumental Tunes

This thread is an opportunity for you to share your instrumental tunes. Whether it's ambient, jazz, prog or anything in between, share, critique and discuss to your heart's content!

And don't worry, there will be threads for other genres etc coming very soon!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disco Daylight

A disco instrumental for dancers ! I am the composer of this retro song with a strong groove.

All instruments and tracks created on the Korg Kronos keyboard,

Catch the dance fever and where is the glitter ball ?

Hope you like !

Greg

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Nice, Greg! Where's the classic Disco hi-hat though...? :idk::D I especially like the string work. The ping pong delay on the piano is a great touch as well.

Here's one of mine. Bit of a rocker...three musicians only: Stu Kimball on guitars (ex-Bob Dylan), Nick D'Virgilio on drums and me on keys and (keyboard) bass. My tune.

The whole thing was done on an Alesis QS8 using the stock sounds and kinda misusing the Eurodance expansion QCard. :evil::D

Night Is Right.

The opening guitars parts are all the Instant U2 program I wrote for the QS8. You don't hear Stu until 1:10.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Nice, Greg! Where's the classic Disco hi-hat though...? :idk::D I especially like the string work. The ping pong delay on the piano is a great touch as well.

Here's one of mine. Bit of a rocker...three musicians only: Stu Kimball on guitars (ex-Bob Dylan), Nick D'Virgilio on drums and me on keys and (keyboard) bass. My tune.

The whole thing was done on an Alesis QS8 using the stock sounds and kinda misusing the Eurodance expansion QCard. :evil::D

Night Is Right.

The opening guitars parts are all the Instant U2 program I wrote for the QS8. You don't hear Stu until 1:10.

dB

Thanks, Dave ! I couldn't locate the drummer for Donna Summer's band for the rolling high hat ;)

You have a good ear. It has 2 different string parts. I had a lot of fun creating Disco Daylight.

Your original is awesome, all the players are top notch. That guy on synth burns up the keys, too.

Structurally, I like the aggressive tone and funky backbeat of NIR. Its cool to hear the ' bridge ' or middle break

at 1:54. Almost all my songs have a 'left turn' or mood change in the middle.

I am not heavy on keys or song approach. But I approach some of that into my ' Desert Heat':

Play it LOUD. ;)

[70's Songwriter]

Hi Bill. Both are cinematic. I hear movie soundtracks for both.

Dawn can open or be an intro to a movie theme. For Cold, that can support the rolling credits at the end of a movie.

I am a movie soundtrack follower so I relate instrumental music into video and see scenes evolving. I think on visuals.

Will be fun to compare notes.

Titles can be tricky. I match my work to a theme or vice versa. Sometimes both they meet half way. Its a different creative

process.

[70's Songwriter]

Nice stuff everyone! Man, db's making me wanna go find a QS8. lol

I do a fair amount of lib. music so here's a couple of those. They usually run 1 to 3 minutes and end up in a variety of places. They can land in feature films, under commercials, piped into elevators and restaurants, or someone's personal project. You just never know who's going to use it and what they might use it for. Midnight Snack is sort of a funky blues thing. Nothing to it really and no solo section or anything. Just a bed for production. Tightrope is an orchestral fantasy/magical type tune. That's what fun about doing the lib things. You can pick a category on the list and go anywhere you want that day.

Thanks Greg, I try to match the same way...I get a feeling from the music and can see it's use. Music is meant to move us in more than one way ;)

Bill

excellent. Creative flow is a big deal and I like talking about creativity.

I might pick your brains on Cubase in a few months as I have to switch to it for recording.

[70's Songwriter]

Linwood, you've always had a great musical "taste". You have a good ear for sounds and structure that make your creations really shine!

Greg, until recently I used a Sonar/Sound Forge/Mixbus workflow but have switched to a Cubase/WaveLab Pro/Mixbus(maybe ?) workflow. Got deals on Cubase and WaveLab and really enjoy using them :)

Bill

http://www.billheins.com/

Hail Vibrania!

• 2 weeks later...