Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Not an instrument or widget, but the perfect gig bag for my stuff:

http://phitz.com/products/stage-duffle-original-fabric-ph12988sdf-black

Very well-made, well organized features for cables, pedals, wall warts, tools, laptop, interface, lamp, etc., and way less expensive than I've seen for anything comparable. Just enough padding. Heavy-duty zippers, good stitching....Exterior loops so you can attach a folded music stand or other gear to the outside of the bag.

Phitz says they have keyboard bags in design phase...probably worth keeping aware.

• 1 month later...

For the US tour of American in Paris: road-case for 4 keyboard rigs, custom built in the UK. Hold 4 boards, 4 laptops, 4 interfaces, stands, pedals and cables.

By far the coolest piece of music-related gear I've ever purchased.

It's a Facebook post but I think anyone should be able to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208714621635315&set=a.2978977305864.2127990.1004826416&type=3&theater

I've gone on a bit of a binge lately, had a few really profitable sound gigs, and picked up these:

Makenoise 0-Coast:

0-coast.jpg

And Eventide H9 Max:

http://www.sweetwater.com/images/items/750/H9MAX-large.jpg

I have a good friend who is a major Buchla fiend, and I've been looking for a semi-affordable way to get into West Coast synthesis. Also, I've been seeing so much interesting stuff happening in the eurorack modular format, I've been kind of looking into a starting point in the format. So far, I'm really digging the 0-Coast, it's a very unique sounding synth, and offers a lot of capability for such a small box.

The H9 is just completely mind-blowing! I'd been interested in it for a while, and the selling point was running sound for a very good Hawaiian Reggae band whose keyboardist used a TimeFactor, one of the predecessors to the H9. I was really impressed with the sounds he got from it. Dave Bryce's review in Keyboard was also big in my decision. When I first got the H9, I hooked it up to my Rhodes and just played through the presets for 2-3 hours, it seemed like every patch inspired some new ideas. Haven't been this excited about a pedal for years. I foresee using this live and in the studio a bunch.

Speaking of delays, I also got my 70's vintage EH Memory Man and Roland 301 Chorus Echo repaired by Mike Nemeth at Twisted Wires in Eugene, both are sounding like new. I am set for delays at the moment.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

16+2 in, 4 effects busses, 6+2+2 outputs. EQ, gates, and compressors out the wazoo. Weighs 12 pounds (5.5 kg). Getting a digital mixer has been a bit of a quantum leap forward for me.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/manufacturer/Behringer/XR18/images/routingv2.jpg

Also a pair of surprisingly decent 8" active speakers for side-fills:

http://media.musiciansfriend.com/is/image/MMGS7/TX8-8-Active-Loudspeaker/J13783000000000-00-500x500.jpg

Icing on the cake is that it was all funded by trading in stuff I no longer use.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Picked up a Lester K Leslie sim to try out with my SK1 for gigs where I don't use my rack (where my Vent is mounted).

I used it at a gig last week and was sort of meh, it thins out a lot in the top end, but I'll give it some time and see how it works in some of my more normal rooms vs the reception hall place we were playing. The one downside is the connectors are all on the sides so without angled cables it has a big footprint under my rig, I had to set it outside my stand to get enough room for it.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Despite the fact that i have purchased this for over a year now......it are the best purchases i made in a very long time.....

products_hdsp_9632_balanced.jpg

http://media.musiciansfriend.com/is/image/MMGS7/Abbey-Road-Studios-CFX-Concert-Grand/J11111000000000-00-500x500.jpg

No ''crackles'', ''pops'', latency or any other let down that some vst's and computer+interface set-ups seem to exhibit (?).

The moment i turned on my new computer it worked flawless with CFX running in full version, providing christal clear audio.

Again, what a purchase......

Ooo, how low have you been able to push the latency with CFX and the new audio card?

I don't know the real figures, because my computer runs only CFX, i don't use it for the internet and apart from asio drivers and RME remote software and the actuall CFX i have nothing installed.

I use it with my Kawai MP8 and after years of trying every brand in the store ( have Nord and Roland too) , i wanted one of the best PIANO experience with headphones.

Expensive and a shame to use such a powerfull computer for only one thing.

But this specific piano set up eats almost eveything else out there for lunch , breakfast and diner when playing through headphones which i do at home.

Latency ? Must be 5ms or something, because it plays much better than my CMP piano app at 5ms. I personally don't care for numbers, but this simply plays beautifully with all settings ( like samples 128 etc.) set to let the character of CFX shine through.

I am very happy .........

LOVE my H9 Max! If you don't already have a expression pedal connected to it, definitely do it.

dB

Yesyesyes! First thing I did actually. The way they implement the expression pedal and programmable ranges is so insanely cool! I took my iPad to the first couple of gigs I did with it, but, basically, between the front panel knob and expression pedal, you don't need it. It seems like such a limited interface at first, but I very quickly found out how how cool, powerful and intuitive it is. Great box.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Picked this up about 3 weeks ago while the diaphragm was being replaced in my QSC K12. The unit started smoking after 4 gigs. My repair guy is making a case for warranty replacement.

So glad I got my K12 back!!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/tucktronix/peavey_3614480_dm_112_2_way_speaker_1148110.jpg

Kronos 88 Platinum, Yamaha YC88, Subsequent 37, Korg CX3, Hydrasynth 49-key, Nord Electro 5D 73, QSC K8.2, Lester K

Me & The Boyz

Chris Beard Band

Erg! Had to get a replacement external camel hump power cord for the Kawai ES100. Have bare wires showing. None of the online retailers carry it yet and the outfit on eBay claiming to have them is a fraud, so had to go direct to Kawai. Not cheap, but everyone I dealt with was very helpful and friendly. Hope it arrives Saturday before the gigs this weekend.

Hammond XLK with flight case £600 = $734 :-)

what a great deal. I had to pay US $500 more than that without the case.

I'm a lucky boy though I waited a LONG time :like:

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

My first Yamaha guitar. I wanted something with a usable whammy bar that wasn't a Floyd Rose. Wilkinson Trem, locking tuners, all Seymour Duncan pickups.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/CEB2/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsvpxz6ghf.jpeg

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Waiting for my amp guy to build me a 125 watt attenuator based on a Kendrick design for my 50 watt Boogie so it will be easier to run at proper stage levels. Then I want to add wireless IEMs and replace my guitar wireless system before year end. No plans for any new keyboard gear.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Waiting for my amp guy to build me a 125 watt attenuator based on a Kendrick design for my 50 watt Boogie so it will be easier to run at proper stage levels.

Those Boogie amps are deceptively LOUD for their small size. I used to own a MkIIA, sold it because it was too loud and it was a one trick pony (never liked the rhythm channel).

A lot of guitarists think they need an attenuator with the same wattage rating of the amp. Not true. The wattage rating of an amp is spec'd for an (relatively) undistorted sine wave. Overdrive a guitar and the wattage can be almost double that. Your amp tech is smart that he knew that.

A lot of guitarists have burned up 100 watt attenuators when diming their Marshall Super Lead 100 amps (they also burn out the output transformers). "Oops" :blush: Boogie is one of the few amps with conservatively rated output transformers so they don't burn up.