Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Snarky Puppy

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Great 21st century music.. I noticed in one video that "guys" were not reading music. I am wondering how this music was created. For me the single aspect that marks this music as 21st versus 20th century is the rhythms. A natural evolution from a band like Joe Zawinul Wayne Shorter bands into the 21st century is the rhythm.

I am a bit intimidated by this music.. the rhythms.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Great 21st century music.. I noticed in one video that "guys" were not reading music. I am wondering how this music was created. For me the single aspect that marks this music as 21st versus 20th century is the rhythms. A natural evolution from a band like Joe Zawinul Wayne Shorter bands into the 21st century is the rhythm.

I am a bit intimidated by this music.. the rhythms.

I don't know if its true, but I heard that Cory Henry is not even a good sight reader. Plays mainly by ear.

Rudy

I was involved in a session with Snarky's drummer Robert "Sput" Searight.

He was playing keyboards. Rhodes, Wurly, Moog...everything.

And straight-up DESTROYING!! He became one of my favorite keyboard players in just a few bars. It was insane. So much talent and musicality in one guy. And no vibing. He was super cool and nice.

Oh...and did I mention he was KILLING on keys?? :)

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

Oh my lord! Just noticed I have an opportunity to see (and hear) those guys live in Finland this summer. They are performing in huge concert (incl. Laurin Hill and Joss Stone) at Pori Jazz July 15th.

I'll so be there:D

Don't take me serious, I'm just playing.

------------------------------------------------------------

Gear: Hammond XK5-system, Nord Stage3 Compact, Crumar Seven, Rhodes Mk2; Hammond M44

• 4 weeks later...

Damn, that was fast. They're all cranking it out now.

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

I'll be seeing them this June at the Jazz Festival in Saratoga NY. I've been going to that festival on-and-off since 1985. Been a couple of years since I've been back, so this will be a treat. I'll report back on how it went.
Kurzweil PC3, Yamaha MOX8, Alesis Ion, Kawai K3M

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm going to the late show (10:00 PM) tonight 05/02/16 at the Bethesda Blues and Jazz Supper Club. Both shows are sold out. My wife just had to cancel so I have an extra ticket. Anybody local reading this want to sit with me send me a PM and I'll check them later. Many of you already have my number just text me. Ticket is $50.00. I know 2 guys who want to go already but wanted to ask here first. The ticket will be used for sure. Showtime in 8 hours. :thu:
:nopity:

Bought mine last night after the show. Band was very gracious, hung out and signed autographs and did photo shoots until 1:30 AM. They played from 10:35 until 12:10. Their bus left at 2:00 AM for NYC. Finally got to chat with Michael League, truly nice fellow. This was my 3rd show in last 24 months, hope to see many more. Every one is slightly different.
:nopity: