Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Big Photography Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice bridge shot.

Cheers Ken. :) Interesting to hear about your heavy gear. Perhaps you should be glad though; between that and carting around music gear I bet you never need to buy a gym membership...

I always need to keep everything as light as possible, so I think I Shall exercise extreme caution. The prime lens which Mike suggested is looking more and more attractive.... :)

It's always a consideration, but I keep getting stuff that's heavier because of what I do. I have to go where the quality is, and if it's heavy, well, that's the way it goes. In a backpack, it's not too bad, thankfully.

When I go to NAMM, on simple trips, or for many day to day things, I use an iPhone, high quality compact camera, or, if I need to have the flexibility and quality of a DSLR, a "cropped sensor" camera, which is still considerably lighter than my full frame with that giant wide angle.

Those two photos above have a beautiful atmosphere.

So I spent last weekend in Seattle - still have more pics to edit, but here's some cool architecture features from the Seattle Public Library:

23437086792_e9ddb4c818_b.jpg

Blue diamonds by Rich Pantaleo, on Flickr

On my way back home, I had a layover in Chicago O'Hare. I'm scrolling through Facebook on my phone, and to my surprise I see the Mike Martin has checked into the airport! Unfortunately, both of our flights were boarding very soon, and we were in completely opposite ends of the airport, so we didn't get to meet in person. So close!

Finally, I have an announcement: I'm getting a bunch of calendars printed up for sale! It's a little late in the year (I wasn't even planning on doing this until a friend suggested it a couple weeks ago).

Here's a post on my official facebook page with all of the relevant details. Here is the short version: calendars are $18.87 USD, and I will ship overseas (but shipping is $$). Here's a direct link for purchasing. Also, it seems like my site hosting service fixed the issue of not being able to purchase things from an iPad. Hooray!

Richie,

That image is great!

Congrats on the calendar. Keep us posted on sales. I'll buy one from you after the holidays settle - I think I spent my last $.0001 already.

I still can't believe I walked right past your gate at the airport. I'm rarely in O'hare - almost always fly through Midway. I hope to catch you next time.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Mobius Arch photo with the snow-capped Sierra Nevada Mountains framed through the arch in this long exposure night photo with star trails on 500px (high-res photo).

I figured I'd show this to you in high-res for a change of pace. Thanks!

9066kenlee_2015-11-24_23-04_370sf8iso200-4000k_alabamahills-darthvaderabove-1000px.jpg

Darth Vader! Just in time for "The Force Awakens"! :D

~~~

8939kenlee_2015-11-23_2159_204sf8iso200-4000k_alabamahills-mobiusarch-sierras-lightpainting-1000px.jpg

And another part of the Alabama Hills, with the Sierra Nevadas framed by Mobius Arch.

Both photos were taken at night, of course. And during the long exposure, I illuminated part of the foreground with a handheld flashlight (not a post-processing creation, in other words).

I really love the Owens Valley.

Ken Lee Photography Facebook Page

Fantastic photo's going on people!

Hey Ken , isn't Darth Vader supposed to be at the top of the big rock? :)

Brett

I, er, um, he couldn't climb that high.

Fantastic photo's going on people!

Hey Ken , isn't Darth Vader supposed to be at the top of the big rock? :)

Brett

I, er, um, he couldn't climb that high.

Ken, I am in deep shock!! :o

You CANNOT be Darth Vadar! It is simply not allowed! :cop:

Everybody knows you are, in fact, a SKYSTALKER...... :D :D :D:saber:

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Face Rock, or Nightmare Rock, which has sported faces that keep changing for decades.

The Alabama Hills is a fascinating desert area with strange rock formations near Lone Pine and Mount Whitney in California. The star trails are caused by the rotation of the earth during the long exposure. All illumination and colored lights were done with a handheld flashlight during the exposure, and is not a post-processing creation.

9027kenlee_2015-11-24_1957_63mintotal-3minf8iso200-4000k_alabamahills-facerock-startrails-1000px.jpg