Music Player Network
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Gold Member
OP Offline
Gold Member
Last night at a small gig their was this attractive younger blond on the dance floor who kept looking adoringly at me up on stage. While it is just natural for me to look back in a similar manner, the awkward part was that every forth glance was from the other half of the dance duo, her boyfriend.

The last song I played was "Walking in Memphis", after which she came up to me and said that she "got into trouble" because she loves that song and said out loud to her boyfriend "I love him". But she said it was worth it and thanked me for playing that song as it was her favorite. There were no altercations or words, just good feelings, but........

Anybody ever have any situations arise from ..........

Last edited by CaptainUnderpant; 12/28/14 03:51 PM.

Yamaha S90XS, Studiologic VMk-161 Organ
Small/powerful (i7, 32GB, M.2 SSD) PC controlled by 10" Touch Screen
Cantabile, Ravenscroft 275, Keyscape, OPX-II, Omnisphere 2, VB3, Chris Hein Horns, etc.
Keyboard Corner Island
A
MP Hall of Fame Member
Online Content
MP Hall of Fame Member
A
Whenever that happens to me, it's usually because she wants to ask if the guitar player is single and can't get HIS attention....

Gold Member
Gold Member
Eye contact can be awkward...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
^^^ ha ha

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I promise! smile Yours is a storybook ending compared to the b.s. I had to deal with. grin
I call them dames "The button pushers" which are more common than the innocent "groupies".

Ah "The Button Pushers"! They caused more scraps and scrapes than any Cowboy on a whiskey diet! They're sole purpose is to demand affection from their partner and your the bait! It can easily end with you proclaiming your innocence and the drunk, jealous boyfriend/ husband not listening and blindly swinging on you. You got very lucky! I dont think the chaos ended there sadly. I'm sure an argument ensued in the car or at home. Seen it too many times.

Eye contact is important when performing but I learned if she's totally hot with a fella and is giving you the "Your my hero eyes" then she's a f√#ing "button pusher"! BEWARE!! wink

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted By: CaptainUnderpant
....and said out loud to her boyfriend "I love him".

Cue to get road crew to strategically offer her a backstage pass.

Anybody ever have any situations arise....

Err, really?

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
- George Bernard Shaw
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Originally Posted By: Moonglow

Err, really?

roll

Y
Y

Sounds like a hard, I mean, uh, difficult situation...

Grand Poobah of Posting
10k Club
Grand Poobah of Posting
10k Club

My situation would rise, but I was behind a stack of keyboards...

Nobody noticed. blush

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club

Damn, you're a pro, aren't you Moonglow? grin

​"How long will it take me to master Aikido piano?" a prospective student asks.

"How long do you expect to live?" is the only respectable response.
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted By: Joe Muscara

Damn, you're a pro, aren't you Moonglow? grin

Indeed. I've been under his tutelage for years grin

"Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless" - Mr. Boffo.

Despite noble efforts, I remain a sarcastic smartass.

Gold Member
OP Offline
Gold Member

Err, really?

Uhh.... Really! smile

Yes, I am new to this gigging scene. The first time this happened was earlier this year. Two girls were dancing together for a good portion of our songs, constantly making eye contact with me. Finally, one of them mouths the words "You are Soooo Cute!". Not knowing quite what to do, I looked behind me just to make sure they were mouthing those words to me. I assessed that yes indeed there was nobody behind me, and mouthed back "Thank You". Evidently standing behind a keyboard up on stage takes my solidly average looks up a level or two.

I have never dealt with this type of stuff, nor could I envisioned this type of stuff becoming risky, until last night.

Last edited by CaptainUnderpant; 12/28/14 09:24 PM.

Yamaha S90XS, Studiologic VMk-161 Organ
Small/powerful (i7, 32GB, M.2 SSD) PC controlled by 10" Touch Screen
Cantabile, Ravenscroft 275, Keyscape, OPX-II, Omnisphere 2, VB3, Chris Hein Horns, etc.
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
- George Bernard Shaw
B
B
That happened to me not too long ago. Group of young 20 something women dancing right in front of me. A really nice looking one kept looking at me. All of the guys in the band saw it, too. Finally she comes up on stage during a song pulls me down and says in my ear "You're Kelly's Dad!". Kelly is my 24 year old daughter and they went to high school together. When we went on break the guys wanted to know what she said. My reply was "She wants me."

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Alright.. The two chicks dancing thing with no dudes around.. Definetly falls in the "groupie catagory! grin *Until their husbands show up at closing time* gulp!! Had that one happen in my travels. laugh

Bannination Free Since '08
10k Club
Bannination Free Since '08
10k Club
I probably get hit on more by married women than single.

I had a guy flip out and threaten me bedause his sister, who was on her bachelorette party, was dancing in front of me making eyes and tring to flirt with me. I wasnt even really looking at her. I'm just like "dude, i have to stand behind these keyoarss - i cant walk away. I cant control where she chooses to dance. She's the one you need to be talking to, not me.". He's all lifting his sleeve to show me his Marines tattoo and crap. I lifted my sleeve to show the crappy little heart on my shoulder that looks like a prison tat that i got at a party when i was 19 and drunk.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.
K
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
K
Back in the late 80s I was playing at the Holidome in Jacksonville FL, a Holiday Inn with a nice club and more amenities. This stunning brunette came in the room with a guy who didn't look like he consulted with her about dress. She was dressed to the nines and he was wearing khakis and a madras shirt. She and I made eyes all night. The guy was oblivious. After the gig the band was in my room playing Mike Tyson Punch Out and we all commented about the brunette. The next night she came back, but this time with a female friend. They stayed all night and I eventually went to introduce myself.

It worked out. We've been married 25 years.

D
D
Then there was the time at the blues club in New Hampshire about 10 years ago where for a minute I thought I was going to get lucky that night. This cutie was showing me a lot of interest on my side of the stage dancing, and I was into it, making eyes and smiling right back at her during our set.

Fast-forward about 30 minutes and a few more trips to the bar and all of a sudden she starts yelling "F#%^* yeah!" over and over, hikes up her skirt over her head to reveal no underwear and starts grinding very sexually in front of the bandstand. Everybody in the room is slack-jawed, the dance floor clears... Our band, who included a female singer, kept playing, although we were all dumbfounded...

Then 2 bouncers came over, one picked her up by the legs, the other by her arms and carried her up, over the crowd, and out the door. The soundtrack to this magical moment: "Don't Want you No More / Ain't My Cross to Bear" by the Allmans...

Nord Stage 2, Kronos, UHL X3-1, Receptor VIP2, HX3 Expander, DMC-122, Virus B, A70, Ventilator, SS V.3
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
"Making eyes" stories... hmmm... Searching through the memory banks...
There was one woman who, after some mutual eye contact throughout a set, came up to me on break and told me, "You give good eye sex. That was fun!" It was the only time I've ever been told that, but I was happy to take the compliment.

(That was one of the tamer encounters from my Bourbon Street days. See the long-running Craziest thing ever said to you at a gig thread for details of some of the others...)

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Slightly different 'line of sight' problem yesterday, playing for a wedding in the Cotswolds. A very attractive young mother, very openly breastfeeding her child, about two feet away from the top end of my piano. I've no problem with that whatsoever, but I did have to keep my concentration in check... <cough>

Yamaha P515 | Yamaha MODX 8 | Nord Electro 5D | Moog Sub 37 | Korg Monologue
J
J
Whenever that happens to me the alarm clock goes off and it's time to go to work.

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Happens more when I'm playing guitar and singing than when playing keys. But I have had women flopping their breast, twerking etc right in front of me. Its all I can do not to bust out laughing.

I have gotten hit on, asked to autograph their breasts and had their boyfriends get mad. I always make it clear I'm married. So I have never had any guy feel threatened enough to want to fight me. That also seems to make some women find me 'safe' so they aren't afraid to let it all hang out I guess. It's been that way since I was in my 20's and I'm 55 now so really at this point its flattering. Though I realize its really just the alcohol.

Last edited by Toano88; 12/29/14 11:03 AM.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12
Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Funny stories... Especially when one or more of your girlfriends are present at the same time,

'55 and '59 B3's, Leslies 147, 122, 21H, Motif XS7, Mellotrons M300 and M400, Wurlitzer 200, Gibson G101, Vox Continental, Mojo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Originally Posted By: Hammonddave
Funny stories... Especially when one or more of your girlfriends are present at the same time,

....being in my mid 40's, it dosnt really happen much these days, and having my wife at almost every gig I play keeps me out of trouble. However, back in the day......well , you know how the keyboard players get the " left overs " from the singers / guitarists... shocked

"Ive been playing Hammond since long before anybody paid me to play one, I didn't do it to be cool, I didnt do it to make a statement......I just liked it "
Grand Poobah of Posting
10k Club
Grand Poobah of Posting
10k Club
Originally Posted By: Toano88
Happens more when I'm playing guitar and singing than when playing keys. But I have had women flopping their breast, twerking etc right in front of me.

As Ron White says,

"Once you've seen one...
You want to see them all!" rimshot boing

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo
A
MP Hall of Fame Member
Online Content
MP Hall of Fame Member
A
Originally Posted By: Aussie_Chicago
Originally Posted By: Hammonddave

....being in my mid 40's, it dosnt really happen much these days, and having my wife at almost every gig I play keeps me out of trouble. However, back in the day......well , you know how the keyboard players get the " left overs " from the singers / guitarists... shocked

Some of my favorite times in my single days were spent in bands that had at least one "chick magnet"....after all, he's just one guy......

CEB Offline
10k Club
10k Club
With my eyesight and the lighting production I can't see, let alone make eyes with anything. Everything is just a vast dark void.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!
So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt
10k Club
10k Club
Originally Posted By: ITGITC?
"Once you've seen one...
You want to see them all!" rimshot boing

facepalm

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
My wife was there when this happened. She said that that's the most she ever wanted to beat up another woman in her life.

Later I was commended by a customer sitting by my wife for my integrity.

You can see just how much T.J., the bass player, was enjoying it.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.
So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
At about 2:18 (go in at 2:12 or a bit earlier for the he-man woman haters credo swear) Alfalfa gets the eye from Darla!

I'd just follow what Alfalfa did! You have personality right!
(Just kidding here, my wife is usually in the audience so I never get any of that going on anymore . . Well maybe a little. but I do love my wife, Damn!) rimshot

Last edited by Legatoboy; 12/29/14 04:02 PM.

SP6, CP-50, FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, XK-3, CX-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner 

Link Copied to Clipboard