Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any info on Traynor RVS Model II Keyboard Amplifier?

Just found this forum and yesterday I picked up a 1978 RVS Model I. When we picked up the 1978 Rhodes Fender Mark I, the seller threw in the RVS cab and head. It needs a good cleaning due to many years of disuse, but everything, except the horn, is intact and working. I was reluctant to take the beast, but how can one turn down such a vintage piece of music history? We were thinking about selling the RVS, but then again, after reading this forum and the positive reports from RVS user, it would make a great addition to our practice room and hopefully a recording studio some day. Thanks guys. I'll post photos after we get it cleaned up a bit. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, that comes close to the sounds made from vintage musical equipment!

The RVS I was an all-in-one unit: the smaller brother of the RVS II. They did offer an extension cab to make the sound wider and the RVS effect more pronounced. I never did see one in real life, though.

Here's a link for a picture:

http://www.behance.net/gallery/RVS-Yorkville-Sound/2758671

Hope this helps.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

• 3 months later...

There's no such thing as a dead thread!

Hello. I've got one of these in my storage room, haven't used it for a few years and decided to dig it out. I was pleased to find such recent postings on such a somewhat obscure piece. As it belongs to a friend, who bought it new and now lives far away, time and life have misplaced the original info/manual.

If anyone blows the dust off this thread, I'd be interested to know how the RVS II is working out for Wolvesparade.

• 1 year later...
There's no such thing as a dead thread!
http://www.frogforum.net/attachments/tree-frogs/28446d1334387873-white-tree-frog-call-tallahasse_zombie_thread.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

sqip, I obviously missed your post from last year, but if you ever visit our forum again, I still use this amp. I'd get another cab for truer stereo if I had the space for it. I blew one of its transformers last summer, and got it repaired this spring, along with the reverb, which wasn't working. (The reverb doesn't have a lot of presence.)

The amp isn't spectacular but serves my monitoring purpose, and works quite nicely with certain keyboards. It's powerful and built like a tank, but heavy like one too. At the right price, it's a cool piece to own. Just PM me if you need the manual (special thanks to Jake for sending that to me!).

Joe, zombie thread is right! Believe it or not, I get messages on occasion asking for the manual, but that post about organs is completely irrelevant to this thread, unless you want to use the RVS's rotary emulator, which you shouldn't. Ever. :keys:

~ Sean

Juno-60, Juno-G, MicroBrute, MS-20 Mini, PX-5S, R3, etc.

I thought I was in search mode when I opened up the site and saw this post on the first page. Sean, I'm glad your RVS is giving you good service. Traynor over engineered their amps and I never thought I'd still be using mine this long. I'm also glad my pack rat background made me keep the paperwork for the amp... it's almost like a history book compared to the non existent manuals of today.

We should now put this thread to bed.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

• 5 years later...

Hi. Just taking a shot in the dark, on a ten year old post.

I would love a copy of that P.D.F. If it's still around. I have an old RVS model II that is fun to mess with, but more info, would be great! Thanks. ...Dimmer.

• Cool 1

• 3 years later...