Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

A little blues I layed down before going to the gig tonight. I used the free plugin that brother Bosendorphen(ms?) Shared with us a while ago. Got it tweaked a little with eq but dig its overall. And the price is right! ;)

http://m.soundcloud.com/hitnmissmusic/rainy-daze-blues

"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

One of my tweeters on my big 5-way monitoring system hadn't been ok after some experiment years ago, so I replaced it with a Dayton ribbon tweeter, which is great. So I sat down with the 192kHz converter, and put some of the music made here on. Of course, the web-stuff usually doesn't get all too far (because of the low bandwidth and low resolution) in comparison with High Definition materials or powerfully up-sampled CDs, and I didn't do the effort of downloading and properly up-converting the examples, but still I got some impressions.

In general, I wondered how these tracks were produced and with some even which instruments were used. Maybe the secret of the chef for some.

Alright, I'll throw one out here...

This is a piece I actually first wrote way back in 1980 ...

Some of the instruments sound like properly functioning in a mix like this, but tracks like the rhythm to me sound too crude. Still, interesting result, musical.

just got a soundboard of a recent show we played ...

Yeah, well, I don't quite follow the character of the band, for as far as I browsed through some of the music, the noodling is ok, but what does it say, where does it go ?

My latest soundtrack CD just released on the Melodic Revolution Records label, Conversations with George Edgar Selby.

Pro stuff, good piano playing no doubt, though the production doesn't go quite-that-far in every way, and the first part sounded slightly boomy on my system, but that could be on purpose, and there's a lot of space there.

Wrote this in 2004 when I got the new Proteus X with PCI card. I was inspired by a Bach tune ...

Doesn't sound faux to me (I prefer Bach, but hey...).

A little blues I layed down before going to the gig tonight.

http://m.soundcloud.com/hitnmissmusic/rainy-daze-blues

The blues man. Seriously, decent blues playing though I'd say the sound at times reminds me of the Kurzweil sounds I've worked on a while back, and not on the prettiest part of that sound (though not horrible) and then without the "smoothing" the Kurzweil does to keep the sound from being a bit wrong in a more important dimension. Nice though.

Any Tom Brislin fans? Here's my cover of Tom Brislin "Liftoff". ...

I'm not entirely sure "whence the title", but it's fine enough piano sound and simple arpeggiation IMO.

T.

Thanks theo! Yea, on the production side I think its weak. To be honest, I threw it together while being painfully on hold with Sweetwater's tech support. Trying to install qlewso into sonar x2, but that will soon be another thread. Im sure there are some filter plugins in sonar that would that would have smoothed that track. Any suggestions for future? The vst was free and is called piano one. It seems much better than the one Sonar gives in TTS. Thank you for taking the time to listen to it and give constructive feedback. :thu:

IMO that free VST "piano one" sounded pretty damned good ("production" stuff that Theo noted aside). I'll check it out. I'm a cheap SOB who likes free stuff. I've found that you don't always get what you pay for (or don't pay for). Thanks for the tip.

Very tasty blues playing by the way!

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

Thank you! In of the same mind set: "All that glitters aint gold!" Lol! And I have to be a cheap s.o.b (musicians wages) lol! Your welcome for the tip! :thu: Really the cat to thank is bosendorpher who shared it with us. It gives you some tweaking, but the second you try to go to another tasty patch it wants your cabbage. Still, the one you get sounds, like you said, pretty damn good. I used to have a killer organ vst in my old machine that was free. I try to find the link. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a tribute to one of my greatest influences on piano, Richard Tee. I recorded a piano/drums duo arrangement of 'Take Me Out To The Ballgame' a la Steve Gadd, Richard Tee and 'Stuff'. I used a ton of Richard Teeisms which was a lot of fun for me.

[video:youtube]GGWgSCU1PB0

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Excellent! That's a keeper. I never thought I would hear "Take me out to the Ballgame" laid down to a funky groove. And you're right, I could hear /see the "Tee-isms".

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

Here's a tribute to one of my greatest influences on piano, Richard Tee. I recorded a piano/drums duo arrangement of 'Take Me Out To The Ballgame' a la Steve Gadd, Richard Tee and 'Stuff'. I used a ton of Richard Teeisms which was a lot of fun for me.

[video:youtube]GGWgSCU1PB0

Only heard it through my laptop speakers so far but the piano sounds great, great playing too...thanks for sharing Bobby.

Quite a challenge, worked good for the piano, drum's a bit pushy I think. Good sound, I like a serious piano recording.

Thank you?

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Quite a challenge, worked good for the piano, drum's a bit pushy I think. Good sound, I like a serious piano recording.

Thank you?

:roll:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Been a member for a while, I prefer just reading your interesting comments. Glad to see there are other prog rock lovers around here. My modest contribution to this, the sole album of my project TravelHouse released in 2008 - all the tracks in the reverse order here:

I would love some feedback.

Best to all of you!

Kalin

Hey guys! This is my first vocal-piano cover of a song by Sheryl Crow. Hope you enjoy it! P.S. - it is a cover after the acoustic version not the original song so don't expect it to sound the same. I tried to make it a bit my own so I hope you won't hold that against me, just sang how I felt.

[video:youtube]

You've a nice voice, Ioana!

Question: I notice you usually have sheet music present . . . do you notate all your arrangements? Just curious.

U1 | NP | NS3 | NE3 HP | K10