Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Virtual Music - Online Collaboration

Virtual worlds are another performance and composition option. If you are interested in music in places like Second Life or want to find someone else online to collaborate with, you've found the right place.

Unknown.jpeg

520 topics in this forum

1. Forum Rules

• 0 replies
    • 6.5k views
    • 24 replies
    • 4k views
    • 20 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. Collaboration Online ....

• 8 replies
    • 2.7k views
    • 0 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 7.9k views
  3. current favorite band? 1 2

• 38 replies
    • 56.6k views
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 6.9k views
    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 3 replies
    • 2k views
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 2 replies
    • 1.9k views
    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. My Dad is old

• 3 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 2 replies
    • 2.7k views
    • 2 replies
    • 2.3k views
    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 1 reply
    • 5k views
    • 2 replies
    • 6.6k views
  5. collaborative idea!!!!

• 1 reply
    • 3.4k views
    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 1 reply
    • 3.9k views
  6. Please Help!

• 2 replies
    • 4.5k views
    • 1 reply
    • 3.3k views
  7. iPro recorder

• 1 reply
    • 3.3k views
    • 3 replies
    • 4.2k views
    • 1 reply
    • 3.2k views
  8. International Collaboration

• 1 reply
    • 2.8k views
    • 0 replies
    • 2.2k views
    • 1 reply
    • 3.2k views
    • 2 replies
    • 3.5k views
    • 3 replies
    • 4.6k views
  • Trending posts on MPN

• Only on this forum would the words "my ventilator just died" not be followed by panicked responses of "get off the internet and call 911 you dope!"
    • This post makes me worry a bit, as I'm using the original Vent in my live rig since 2011...that's a pretty long time! I've always had it mounted inside a rack using a remote foot switch, so I'm hopeful that this reduces wear and tear on the unit.   I have noticed a problem sporadically while playing shows (which is jarring) where my organ channel will freeze up, presumably the Vent has gone into either a locked bypass or almost like a hard braked Leslie situation. I traced it to a bad footswitch on one occasion, and also to a loose connection on the cable going to the Vent. Whenever I have BIG shows, I will reseat the connections in the rack mounted Vent and I always have a backup foot switch on hand. Worst case scenario, I switch my NS3 over to use its internal Leslie simulation, which is halfway decent. Still not quite as good as the Vent.   I would reach out to the manufacturer and see if they can help you out with this.
    • Dumb question, but have you taken it apart and *tested* the switches?   My EE career has taught me to always check the simplest fix first, and in this case, that would be the mechanical components (switches) before assuming the electronics have gone bad.  (They might have, but the probability is lower than a mechanical issue).    Good luck! Lou
    • Indeed, I got my last YC61 for less than the price of a CK which is why I moved on from the CK. I do like a good bargain, but not everyone can get them at any given time so, for someone looking to buy a board new, the Casio has to be hard to beat.  
    • Cool thing that the NS3 is delivering big time for you there!!  
  • In MPN’s GEARLAB

• My trusty Typhon can:   "Audio over USB -Typhon gets recognised as Audio/USB device. This feature enables Typhon to act as an audio input and be recorded from a computer directly without the use of a sound card. This feature got implemented to support the previous described feature so as the user doesn’t have to connect the physical audio out to his sound card, and so on create a ground loop, which cause a constant buzzing at Typhon’s audio."   https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/typhon/  
    • Ipad, yes, but from my experience with the Modx that is due to being able to set the Modx as the audio interface in the audio app(s) I used.  In other words, unlike sending analog audio to a mixer or speaker where the sending unit doesn't care or know what is connected, I had to set the Modx as the destination or it wouldn't have sent anything. I'm not sure if a synth that can send audio over usb would be able to do so with another keyboard, unless it had a way to do the same...never thought about it though (which synths can send audio over usb?)  
  • Come join MPN’s Clubs!

• Blog Entries