Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So whatd ya guys get?

EmptinesOf Youth

i didnt see a thread of this yet, sorry if i missed it, but whatd you end up makin off with? I got some record frames (still lookin for a Wish you were here LP in good condition), carvin bolt on kit (which wont be here till wendsday. Thats the music stuff anyway. What about you guys?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Warthog:

No guitar stuff, but an XBox 360...

Hey congrats! Let us know how you like it. It'll be awhile before I can get one. Got a HDTV to go with it?

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

Zappa

A Biography by Barry Miles

400 pages of reading, another 50 of information and from the intro and first chapter I'd say it's very well researched.

ISBN 0-8021-4215-X

... that and a dozen socks which I needed quite badly.

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

Originally posted by Haga:

Originally posted by Warthog:

No guitar stuff, but an XBox 360...

Hey congrats! Let us know how you like it. It'll be awhile before I can get one. Got a HDTV to go with it?
Unfortunately, no, but I am going to look for the VGA cable tomorrow so I can run it through my Dell 21 inch computer LCD in the meantime to get that HDTV feel. My wife pre-ordered it 3 months ago and it finally showed up the day before Christmas...lucky me!

Right now: three heat and eat Indian curry pouches from Trader Joe`s. Made one last night with a Japanese whole grain/ Minnesota wild rice mix-Dee-licious.

Still to come: two new guitar straps, one of Italian leather and one from Eyeland straps, can`t wait.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

A new, BIG toolbox - really needed, a couple of companion books for the Master/Commander series (O'Brian) and a new tuner that handles the low B on my 5 string bass. Plus some odds & sods (mints - I LOVE mints).

Gave My Lady a Ruby & Diamond ring, 'Guilty Too', a couple of books (she genuinely loves books) and the CD of Monk & Coltrain at the Carnegie Hall. She'll get a slap up meal at the best restaurant in town when all the entertaining is over.

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Still waiting on my sansamp to arrive. I'm doing an exchange with a buddy and I sent him a reverb pedal for use with his bluesbreaker reissue. Sometime between when I shipped and he recieved his bluesbreaker bit the dust! I hope he gets it fixed soon.

I did some ebay shopping for myself and am eagerly awaiting a sweet tube DI and killer fuzz pedal.

Live long and prosper unless it is a good day to die.

All I wanted was a pickup that never arrived in time.

And that was pretty much all I wanted, and I'm pretty geared out for the moment.

So my wife and I went to the local music store and all I really wanted was a string winder and some fingerpicks.

Cheapest Christmas ever! :D

(Actually, I received the first season of Lost on DVD. (Don't know if you get that in Italy, Vince.) Great show and the extra features disc is great. It's a unique show, in large part because of the unique circumstances of its' conception and pre-production driving the direction of the final product.

I brought Lilly to a dollar store and gave her several to spend on her mama and me. She bought me a pair of Blast Balls. They're two balls covered with the ingredients of exploding caps. You throw one in the air, then catch it with the second ball already in your hand and it snaps like a cap gun. :D (I love the smell of burnt powder. Immediately brings me back to many happy memories of cap guns. :thu:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I got various clothing items including a nice new leather A2 flight jacket. I got a bunch of picks, strings, a battery operated string winder (I'm not really _that_ lazy... :D ), a Gibson guitars baseball cap, and a new leather strap with my name embossed in it.

My father gave me a very nice gift. A Grizzly 12" Cabinet (table) saw. I will be setting it up in my shop this afternoon (they delivered it this morning). This is a _very_ nice saw. Fortunately, I already have a 220V outlet right where the saw is going to go.

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

(Actually, I received the first season of Lost on DVD. (Don't know if you get that in Italy, Vince.)

I don't know either, but WE sure do. :)

We tend to buy film mags and if there's enough buzz about something we'll just order an entire season or two through amazon. Beats waiting around for the local networks :D

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

(I love the smell of burnt powder. Immediately brings me back to many happy memories of cap guns. :thu:

Personally, I prefer the smell of napalm, especially in the morning. ;)

Seriously though, are kids still allowed cap guns or have they been banished by some child safety council? I haven't seen any for a while, but maybe that's just the EU.

the wife bought me a Guitarseat.

i think some of you may remember me mentioning my friend who makes a convertable seat/guitarstand from hardwood. quite the piece of workmanship. i even have a little flame maple on mine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/rawkzilla/TheGuitarSeat015.jpg

I scored a Liqua Flange (it's a pretty deep pedal, can go from mild chorus to extreme wierdness, this one might take a while to play with... :D ), and an EVH Phase 90. I gotta say the script logo mod sounds pretty damn good! Oh, and a dorm-style mini fridge for my studio... My wife rocks! :cool:
www.myspace.com/christondre

Originally posted by GtrWiz:

I scored a Liqua Flange (it's a pretty deep pedal, can go from mild chorus to extreme wierdness, this one might take a while to play with... :D ), and an EVH Phase 90. I gotta say the script logo mod sounds pretty damn good! Oh, and a dorm-style mini fridge for my studio... My wife rocks! :cool:

GtrWiz: how bout doing a review on those new effects on the LavaMan gear review site!! :D:idea:

Originally posted by ellwood:

GtrWiz: how bout doing a review on those new effects on the LavaMan gear review site!! :D:idea:
I've never done anything like that, I guess I could give it a shot. I'll want some time with the liqua flange though, seems like it can really do a lot...
www.myspace.com/christondre

I got one of those

http://www.musicarte.com/ecommerce/images/byrdland.jpg

... then I woke up. :(

Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

A hand knitted hat and scarf from my sister, a pair of gloves and a sweater from my aunt's family, some towels ( I asked for them) from my mother, and a DVD of Eric Johnson,s 1984 appearance on Austin City Limits from GtrWz. A pretty good haul, all things considered...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived