Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any serious new years resolutions?

Bbach1

In 2005, I vowed I was going to find a real nice job and spend the next 20 years there. I should have moved. This crappy little town has nothing. I've applied and applied and looked and searched. Then, yesterday, I get a job offer to start January 2 with excellent pay guarentees and genuinly decent benifits and hours. So I gratiously accept and then lo and behold, I get a phone call from an employer I applied to a while back and they say they have narrowed it down to three top candidates and I'm one of them. Another decent paying position but I had completely forgotten about them. It has taken them three months to "narrow it down." So, whatever I do, it looks like I start the new year with better pay.

Now for my 2006 new years resolution: A new Gretsch White Falcon in my music room by years end.

Yes, I know I'm supposed to make resolutions to improve something about myself, like more exercise etc., but won't a beautiful guitar improve me? :D

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) I gotta get high speed internet to hear all you guys. How's that for a resolution? Sounds good to me.

2) Keep my soon going on drums. And restart other son on bass.

My other resolution (well under way) is to pick up my daughter in China around August or so.

as far as practice goes, I have to practice more, or I'll stink up the band. :eek:

Mikegug

www.facebook.com/theresistancemusic

In 2005, my resolution was to start playing with more people. I did manage to play with a great band at a company talent show, and took two 8-week arranging classes where I got to play with a lot of other musicians. So all in all, I did manage to play with more people. I want to continue doing that. In fact, for 2006, I would like to see if I can find a regular band to play with. I'm also planning on improving my sight reading as much as possible. I can read ok, but not as well as I would like.

Paul

I vow to reconsile my jv (small letters to denote protest!)feud with DarkLava and once a truce is solidified a MoTown jam-ma party can be but together, IF the Lava don't hog ALL the lead lines and make me play support all night!!!!...Lava you can smoke here if ya want :D I got pleanty of Chesterfields and Pall Mall,Luckys and double hump Camels :cool:

1. Regain my health - the last quarter of 2005 was no fun at all.

2. Get beyond just strumming and start learning how to play leads.

3. Get more gear that I don't really need!

Hope everyone succeeds with at least one resolution in 2006. :thu:

John

Get a new job, and possibly get my career moving in a new direction. I've been a Technical Writer/Editor for 14 years and it's getting a little stale, plus the widespread layoff rumors have started rearing their ugly heads. I have an appointment with a career counselor at one of my Alma Maters at noon on Monday, so please wish me luck.

Originally posted by ihategarybettman:

Get a new job, and possibly get my career moving in a new direction. I've been a Technical Writer/Editor for 14 years and it's getting a little stale, plus the widespread layoff rumors have started rearing their ugly heads. I have an appointment with a career counselor at one of my Alma Maters at noon on Monday, so please wish me luck.

Good luck, bro. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Originally posted by Eric Iverson:

50 miles ain't nothing, it's only a question of ATTITUDE....

I wouldn't quite say that running 50 is nothing, but attitude is a lot of it. Right now I feel dead at 30 miles...hard to imagine 20 more. Eventually I'd like to do 100, but 50 is the intermediate goal.

Archived