Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New cool gig

skipclone 1

The sax player in our group has hooked me up with a studio that hires people (native English speakers, but I`m sure they do stuff with Japanese too) to do vocal parts for recordings, either singing or spoken. The idea is to be able to imitate various vocal styles. The pay is pretty darn good, today I spent about 15 or 20 minutes doing a spoken part in a song and walked out with about $100. Singing parts are even better, about $300. I know some folks here do that kind of work. It`s pretty interesting. They already have a next job in mind for me next month, I`m supposed to be doing something with a song called `The Score` by Emerson Lake and Powell. Heard the title but don`t really know it.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the states, that gig would pay up front, and then be the gift that keeps on giving. $300 is cheap. I don't negotiate those types of deals so I don't know the details, but I kmnow a few people who simply love to be background singers and VOs. The up front money is really good, and the residuals, though small, add up when you have quite a few pieces in the pipe.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

That's cool! I've done a few voice-overs for radio commercials. Quick, easy money. If you sound like me, at least! :D

Funny you shold mention that song, "The Score". I just recently pulled out an old cassette of the Emerson Lake & Palmer album. A cassette dupe from the vinyl record. So sound quality wasn't that great. But I thought it was a decent album. Lake doesn't play any noticeable guitar, just bass. Vocals were pretty good. It wasn't Cozy's best work, but still fun to listen to. "Mars the Bringer of War" rocks.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Originally posted by LPCustom:

Eh, for me ELP will always be Emerson, Lake and Palmer. I did't care much for the music when Cozy Powell was playing with them (ELPowell).

I saw the shw live in '87.

Killer ! Cozy rocked

Skip congrats on the gig. May you be blessed with more respectable work such as mentioned

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

Originally posted by skipclone 1:

I`m supposed to be doing something with a song called `The Score` by Emerson Lake and Powell. Heard the title but don`t really know it.

Isn't that the one that includes the screams of a castrato westerner? ;)
Excuse me?

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

Originally posted by skipclone 1:

Excuse me?

Just kidding.

The bit about not really knowing the song sounded like the start of some gag.

You know the type, "I don't know what's involved exactly, but my agent says it's all cool".

Oh ya, I was exercising a little dramatic license there with a feigned moment of-well total panic.

But I actually don`t know what`s involved. I won`t know if there`s even a chance of me pulling it off until I hear it, but now that old ELP song `Come and see the show` is stuck in my head.

Archived