Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

R.I.P. Richard Pryor

skipclone 1

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.. Just wow. :cry:

I was well aware of Richard Pryor before Silver Streak, but that was the movie that I will always think of first when his name comes up.

I was also very fond of Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life Is Calling, an autobiographical movie about Richard starring Richard.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite:

Originally posted by Sasquatch51:

"Sometimes he was on fire, but he was still good."

:D:D:D:thu:

I think he would've lauged at that!

I hope so. I think so. That was what was so great about him...he didn't take himself so seriously. He could find humor in the things that happened to him in his own life.

One of the funniest routines I ever heard in my life was his routine about the pet monkeys he had.

:D:D

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

So very sorry to hear about Richard. He was so funny even when he knew he was sick. Truly an inspiration to us all. He will be missed greatly.

Without him, where would comedy be. Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, Martin Lawrence, Chris Tucker and so on and so on. Where would they be without Richard Pryor? Thankfully we never have to find out!

Yup, I guess part of my jaded childhood could be attributed to listening to tons of Richard Pryor standup before I even turned 13.

It was Richard, Carlin, Cheech and chong, and Eddie Murphy that were a [foundation?]

It's cool that he got to see some awrds and recognition

and got to see 7 healthy children be born

My best friend's older brother used to have Richard Pryor LPs. I couldn't have been any older than 12. Anyway, when no one was around, we used to listen to these records and laugh our asses off. Richard Pryor was probably my first introduction to dark humor (was too young to remember Lenny Bruce).

R.I.P. Richard Pryor. Thanks for the laughs.

Archived