Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Christmas/Hanukkah/Holiday avatars?

Tedster

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW...I've got this on this little guy's Christmas list...

http://soundexchange2.com/ProductImages/julypictures/Fender%20Mini%20Strat%20558%20red.jpg

and this:

http://www.bostonguitar.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/marshall-mg10cd-MINI.jpg

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Got my son a Fender G-DEC this year. He's re-learning guitar and now has a couple of friends to jam with. This little amp is so much fun, I want one now. Its emulations and effects are very cool and the band-in-a-box drum and bass parts should help him with timing and pitch. Henry, if you're reading this, sorry to blow your surprise, but you still can't have it till Christmas... Santa Rulez.

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite:

Baaaaah, humbug! ;):D

Y'know, I wouldn't mind one of them mini Squire Strats, myself; could be pretty cool!

Bahhh...indeed...I dig your medieval lute avatar. Some of that stuff is my favorite Christmas music...madrigals and stuff.

The Squier Mini is cool...uh...er, well, I've been, ah, trying it out, y'know...making sure it's in good shape. I guess it's supposed to be tuned to standard pitch, which makes the strings feel like rubber bands. Weird for me, but it'll be perfect for a little grandson-type goober. I could probably actually tune it up to G to make it feel more standard. Got a good sound to it. Sounds like a Strat. (shrug) :D

Thanks, Ted! I haven't looked at this thread in a few days. :freak:

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Per your comment on the other thread, the Chanukiah avatar is back! :):thu:

... :confused: but only two candles? I thought it was meant to be seven?
Actually, Vince, if it were full there would be 9 candles. ;)

There's a light for each day of Chanukah. The first night we light the Shamash, which represents the eternal light itself and use it to light a single candle for the first night. Next night the Shamash is used to light two candles and so on until the eighth night. On that night you have 8 candles plus the Shamash = 9 candles.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

The first night we light the Shamash, which represents the eternal light itself and use it to light a single candle for the first night. Next night the Shamash is used to light two candles and so on until the eighth night. On that night you have 8 candles plus the Shamash = 9 candles.

So, you shop at Shamash, er, Sam Ash, for your Chanukah goodies?

HAHAHAHAHA...I kill myself sometimes.

(Tedster suddenly becomes aware that he's the only one laughing...he's greeted by puzzled looks and silence)...

Uhh...I think I'll get a cup of coffee...

Originally posted by Tedster Claus:

The first night we light the Shamash, which represents the eternal light itself and use it to light a single candle for the first night. Next night the Shamash is used to light two candles and so on until the eighth night. On that night you have 8 candles plus the Shamash = 9 candles.

So, you shop at Shamash, er, Sam Ash, for your Chanukah goodies?

HAHAHAHAHA...I kill myself sometimes.

(Tedster suddenly becomes aware that he's the only one laughing...he's greeted by puzzled looks and silence)...

Uhh...I think I'll get a cup of coffee...

(Slapping forhead) That's Sha (as in pa) - MASH (as in Oshkosh, b'gosh!) you schlemiel! :D

You're a good man, Charlie Brown. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by O'Shite Christmas:

Hey, that is cool, you of the hair-horned-nose!

I used to have a thing for an imaginary winged, "flying rhino"...

Thanks Cavean! That's funny 'cause a few years ago I drew a XMas card with a flying rhino posing as Rudolf the Red-Horned-Rhino :) (it didn't have wings though but it would have been a much cooler beast with them).

Originally posted by O'Shite Christmas:

I believe that to be a Christmas-time gig or promotional shot of a member of the '70s British glitter/glam band, Wizard. Apparently donning 'Father Christmas'-drag, in lieu of the usual gay apparel... ;)

Ah...Roy Wood's Wizzard, perhaps? I believe Roy Wood was one of the main players in the band "The Move" with ELO founders Jeff Lynne and Bev Bevan.

It just looked from that pic as if Santa had turned into the Maharishi.

(Time for me to catch some Z's!)

Oops, one of the "Z's" got away from me there...

Yhup, it's "Wizzard".

Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience.

Which do ya like better, the Wizzard/Father Christmas all-blissed-out one, or my previous, Cherub-with-a-lute (or some such arcaic instrument)?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived